Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
satnav provider car change vision

Car vision satnav provider change
Does anyone know if it would be possible to change the satnav system on the car vision unit from Aponia ( which is crap IMO) to copilot? I know copilot runs on WIN CE too so there must be a way to do it.

I know sweet FA about windows these days, so not sure how i could go about doing it. At present the Aponia satnav loads up straight after the vauxhaul boot up logo. This is my only regret about not getting an Android unit. That would have been a piece of piss to route and do put what I want on it.
Yes you can the maps are on an SD card (or used to be) When I had the crap unit from Carvision (Who highly I don't recommend to anyone) I changed the Navi software.

Just make a full back up of the Navi SD card.

Navi Total is good place for getting navi software and maps
http://www.navitotal.com/
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
But can I also change the program, so i'm not having to use aponia gps navigation app at all. and swap To copilot.?

Copilot has far better settings options and layout etc, which are useful when I drive through europe .

Have you got a guide on How to do it?

This is all car vision would say about it when I asked them

"No unfortunately not. It has to be Aponia as other navigation applications may not work correctly & will invalidate the warranty."

ME - Has it ever been tried

Them - We have used other mapping providers but they do not perform as good as Aponia. The unit may freeze & get corrupted. Best not to try it.
Lol they wouldn't of tried anything.

I don't have a how-to I ripped the unit out of my car and got rid of the junk.

All have to do is make a backup copy of you map sd card then delete all content off the SD card.

You can download the CE Navi software/maps you want make sure it's on the SD card in the correct folders then it should just be a case of setting the path on the radio to Navi .exe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011 insignia satnav Drow insignia 1 2,640 22:nd-Jan-2019, 17:15:39
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Change language of IPC gazz292 2 6,558 11:th-Feb-2018, 09:01:45
  Trip Computer Change (research) sheppy1 131 81,372 29:th-Jan-2018, 08:23:02