Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hid conversion

HID Conversion
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 15 plate J, the only issue i am having with her is that i cannot get along with the headlights, they seem really dim, even when clean.

Possibly because I am used to running HID's in my ancient old banger . 

Does anyone have any recommendations for HID conversion kits, or alternatively - bloody bright headlights?

Thanks, 

Andrew
(13:th-Dec-2016, 15:39:12)A10HUY Wrote: Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 15 plate J, the only issue i am having with her is that i cannot get along with the headlights, they seem really dim, even when clean.

Possibly because I am used to running HID's in my ancient old banger . 

Does anyone have any recommendations for HID conversion kits, or alternatively - bloody bright headlights?

Thanks, 

Andrew

i got some Osram nightbreaker ultimates for my 5 door, loads better. not got hids yet going to see how these go. lots better than standard
First thing is we don't support or condone people fitting HID's into halogen head lamps as most of us have been blinded by them etc.

Also you could fail your MOT.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-HID...nits-M-O-T

But if you were to fit projectors then you could quite happily run HID's.
https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Pro...a-j-5-door

If you didn't fancy doing them yourself you could a set of aftermarket projector units and a HID kit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-Astra...SwWfFXkgCH
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm current swopping and changing hid kits as hid direct whom ive used for years sent me a 55w kit that they were adimant would work and even with canbus decoders dont work so they have now sent 35w ballats to me and it works fine with no errors or problems havent fully fitted them just checked at one side as there a real p.i.t.a on the gtc.