Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
speedo drive?

Speedo drive?
guys

Does anyone know where the speedometer sensor is on my car? It's a 2.0 CDTI GTC 2012... I have a bouncing speedo and ABS/TC lights on. Not ideal with winter drawing in. Clearly all the problems are linked, but I can't seem to find a speed sensor on the box, unless the wheel speed sensor drives the speedo as well as work the ABS/TC?
Common fault is usually the abs speed sensor, you will probably need a new hub which aren't too expensive if you source it yourself. It could be just the speed sensor though, either way you would probably need the codes read to determine which wheel is playing up.

Front... http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...placement/
Rear... http://workshop-manuals.com/vauxhall/ast...isc_brake/
Why on earth would you need to change the hub too?
You can just change the sensor.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(30:th-Nov-2016, 08:35:56)yazza54 Wrote: Why on earth would you need to change the hub too?
I do not know astra's, but on a SEAT, there is a strip that is run around the inside of the hub, the sensor reads of that strip and when it becomes worn or damaged you get TC/ ABS fault codes and the hub has to be replaced. I also have a friend who has a Zafira and he has just had the same issue and his hub needs replacing... that's why. Like I said though, I haven't seen an Astra hub, so it is just an educated guess based on other cars. It has been 4 days since you first posted, have you had the codes checked to determine what the fault codes are and position of fault.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Speedo stopped working AlanMac 0 3,546 13:th-Jun-2019, 17:19:55
Last Post: AlanMac