Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
fault heater

Heater fault
Hi unsure is this is the right section to post this. But I've been noticing my heater isn't performing as good as it used to. Could be perfect today and the next day doesn't seem to be getting as hot. Any solutions to this? The cars a 1.7cdti

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I found this too but when I paid more attention I found the vents where not operating correctly if I selected feet it put heat out at windscreen etc.

I was going to strip out and check the mechanism but before doing that I decided I would try reprogramming the heater system which resolved the issue.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(8:th-Nov-2016, 21:22:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: I found this too but when I paid more attention I found the vents where not operating correctly if I selected feet it put heat out at windscreen etc.

I was going to strip out and check the mechanism but before doing that I decided I would try reprogramming the heater system which resolved the issue.

I'll give it a go over the weekend if I don't freeze to death

(9:th-Nov-2016, 11:16:03)Tomthebiker Wrote:
(8:th-Nov-2016, 21:22:04)Rusty2009 Wrote: I found this too but when I paid more attention I found the vents where not operating correctly if I selected feet it put heat out at windscreen etc.

I'll give it a go over the weekend if I don't freeze to death

I had a new heater module changed under warranty recently, the directional heather fans stopped working. The inly fans that worked correctly were the ones that pointed towards the screen. The dash had to come out to change it.
Had it in with the dealer. Turns out they said it's normal

(8:th-Dec-2016, 10:29:20)Tomthebiker Wrote: Had it in with the dealer. Turns out they said it's normal

It takes a few seconds for the directional vents to swap over, once you've switched them over on your dash controls. Then they should mainly be blowing in the direction of the vent arrows. If I switch my vents now to the arrow aimed towards me. The majority of the heat blows towards me, which is quite strong now. Same can be said if I point it to the screen, majority of the heat is blown up towards the screen. Prior to the module replacement. I'd only get a trickle out of the vents pointed towards me, even if the fan was set to full. It also effected the heat settings, was all over the place.
I'd try changing your pollen/cabin filter first, incase that's partially blocked. Not a difficult diy changt e. Located behind the glove box. I've changed one on a J & a few of my previous G's & H's.
Is your car in or out if warranty? Is your water temp getting up to heat normally? Not forgetting your engine will take a little longer to warm up over the winter months, my 2.0cdti certainly does lol. Your fan heaters will also take a little longer to warm up too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2.0 CDti auto gearbox fault Big Dave2 2 1,541 1:st-Jul-2021, 13:14:50
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Fault code Kiel0777 1 1,546 26:th-Jun-2020, 07:26:55
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Fault codes Kiel0777 20 5,601 10:th-May-2020, 05:05:17
Last Post: paula9568
P0030-00 HO2S heater control circuit sensor 1 Badenj 1 3,986 17:th-Jun-2018, 07:57:25
Last Post: Rusty2009