Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hi everyone

Hi everyone
Hi all
         New to the site and was wondering if someone could help me. i have a 2012 astra sri 2.0 cdti tourer and car is a bit rough when idling and seen on here some people use a product called pro tec so i went and bought some although i bought the diesel system super clean instead of the common rail system cleaner and just noticed that diesel system super clean wasnt to be used for cars with electronically driven filter regeneration additive tank systems so wondering if i can use this in the astra or not. thanks in advance
rough idle on the 2.0cdti is very common i have heard loads of suggestions of what the problem is
and i am not convinced by most i believe it is related to the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail
some have had that replaced with good results after it was changed
but some times as you say just a good clean can sort it out
(26:th-Oct-2016, 21:54:48)tucpal Wrote: rough idle on the 2.0cdti is very common i have heard loads of suggestions of what the problem is
and i am not convinced by most i believe it is related to the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail
some have had that replaced with good results after it was changed
but some times as you say just a good clean can sort it out

Thanks Tucpal.
                       I get what you mean about the sensor but just been ripped off by a garage for 340 quid so before i even consider taking car to another garage im trying some options cheers
A few common causes of rough idle on Astras have been brought up either on here or on facebook. The ones that seem to be most common are like Tucpal said the fuel pressure sensor, suction control valve, MAP sensor, faltering glow plugs, dirty fuel injectors. You could also check your air filter, see if its blocked or needs replacing, and maybe give the MAF sensor a clean while you are at it.

I would recommend putting some form of diesel treatment like Wynns Diesel System Cleaner or Magic Bullet Diesel Catalytic Converter Cleaner in your tank when you next fill up, this can help clean injectors etc. There are a number of things you could do yourself if you read through some of the how to's on this site, inc how to service your car and egr, map, maf and throttle body clean.

BTW, the Astra doesn't have an additive tank, so if the diesel treatment you purchased is for cars without the additive tank then it will be okay to use.
(27:th-Oct-2016, 16:20:12)stigeye Wrote: A few common causes of rough idle on Astras have been brought up either on here or on facebook.  The ones that seem to be most common are like Tucpal said the fuel pressure sensor, suction control valve, MAP sensor, faltering glow plugs, dirty fuel injectors. You could also check your air filter, see if its blocked or needs replacing, and maybe give the MAF sensor a clean while you are at it.

I would recommend putting some form of diesel treatment like Wynns Diesel System Cleaner or Magic Bullet Diesel Catalytic Converter Cleaner in your tank when you next fill up, this can help clean injectors etc. There are a number of things you could do yourself if you read through some of the how to's on this site, inc how to service your car and egr, map, maf and throttle body clean.

BTW, the Astra doesn't have an additive tank, so if the diesel treatment you purchased is for cars without the additive tank then it will be okay to use.
Thanks stigeye
                           Will have a sdad of all the stuff in the link once my shifts done on Sat cheers. ordered pro tea diesel rail system cleaner additive for the tank plus I have pro tec diesel super system cleaner. put the car in to get serviced 3 weeks ago sm filters and glow plugs shouldbe fine but then again lol I would be best checking them anyway thanks
(28:th-Oct-2016, 04:11:24)Klarko2003 Wrote:
(27:th-Oct-2016, 16:20:12)stigeye Wrote: A few common causes of rough idle on Astras have been brought up either on here or on facebook.  The ones that seem to be most common are like Tucpal said the fuel pressure sensor, suction control valve, MAP sensor, faltering glow plugs, dirty fuel injectors. You could also check your air filter, see if its blocked or needs replacing, and maybe give the MAF sensor a clean while you are at it.

Thanks stigeye
                           Will have a sdad of all the stuff in the link once my shifts done on Sat cheers. ordered pro tea diesel rail system cleaner additive for the tank plus I have pro tec diesel super system cleaner. put the car in to get serviced 3 weeks ago sm filters and glow plugs shouldbe fine but then again lol I would be best checking them anyway thanks

Typos and predictive text are a pest. will have a look at all the stuff on the link thanks and pro tec additive as i seen on here a lot of people use it
Quick update. thanks for the advice guys. however i went ahead and adden pro tec dssc to the tank and after driving only 75 mile on a wee trip yesterday duel carrage/backroad/motorway it sounds and feels to be sorted
(30:th-Oct-2016, 06:23:28)Klarko2003 Wrote: Quick update. thanks for the advice guys. however i went ahead and adden pro tec dssc to the tank and after driving only 75 mile on a wee trip yesterday  duel carrage/backroad/motorway it sounds and feels to be sorted

Good to hear, keep on top of the servicing though, some good treatment in the tank a couple of times a year will help keep things nice and clean.