Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
2012 hello exclusiv

Hello! 2012 Exclusiv
Hello, just joined up as i usually do to a new forum when i get a new car.

I picked up a 2012 Exclusiv on saturday, 1.7 cdti (110) in white. 

Previously i have had an e46, corsa d, mk3 golf Gti and a few more not worth mentioning.  

Its got a couple of bodywork issues, rear passenger door has a dent and scrape and the drivers front wing has a little dent that may pull out on the wheel arch. so i will be looking to sort these out straight away. 

i will probably also be upgrading the speakers at some pint in the future and maybe install my trusty kenwood tornado sub in the boot, depending on how the front speaker upgrades sound. I will also look into sound deadening. 

I have also seen the guide on here for the rear parking sensor install which i will also have a crack at, as i'm so used to them on the BMW that ive forgotten how to park properly without them! 

i would also like a small drop and some alloys, but these will probably not happen unless a decent deal falls at my feet. 

First up will be a interior clean and exterior wax and polish and assess the options with the damaged panels to see if repairs or replacements are needed. then probably parking sensors and speaker upgrades.
Welcome to VXOC,

you seem to hit the ground running with things to do.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(31:st-Aug-2016, 12:31:50)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC,

you seem to hit the ground running with things to do.

Thanks for the welcome Rusty, i've read a lot of your threads already and got some great info from them! 

I just like to get cracking whist the interest is still new, otherwise if i leave it too long i will end up not bothering at all!

Although from past experience, when i try diy something i normally cause or find new issues to sort out and wish i'd just left it as it was, so i will be planning everything very carefully!
I know someone who was selling a set of 18" GTC alloys in excellent condition for £140 a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe they weren't snapped up at the time, they maybe still for sale. I think it's because most people find it hard to envisage what standard GTC alloys look like on a 5dr J. So I looked around and found one that had the same alloys on, personally I think they look nice...

There's always a good deal to be had somewhere if you keep an eye out.

I think Johnny Edwards was selling his black 18" for £160 also (with tyres)
(31:st-Aug-2016, 15:38:02)stigeye Wrote: I know someone who was selling a set of 18" GTC alloys in excellent condition for £140 a few weeks ago, I couldn't believe they weren't snapped up at the time, they maybe still for sale. I think it's because most people find it hard to envisage what standard GTC alloys look like on a 5dr J. So I looked around and found one that had the same alloys on, personally I think they look nice...

There's always a good deal to be had somewhere if you keep an eye out.

I think Johnny Edwards was selling his black 18" for £160 also (with tyres)

STOP IIIIITTTTT!!!!! lol they do look spot on! i just cant tempt myself right now, i need to get the sounds and bodywork sorted before i think of wheels 
You wouldn't have been interested in these bad boys then for £160 lol

Know what you mean though, you just can't get enough money to do everything you want to do, it's always someones birthday, xmas etc first 
(31:st-Aug-2016, 16:18:10)stigeye Wrote: You wouldn't have been interested in these bad boys then for £160 lol

Know what you mean though, you just can't get enough money to do everything you want to do, it's always someones birthday, xmas etc first 

i would be interested yes, lol but i couldnt buy them yet anyway... 

too many little things to sort out before i think about wheels.
Welcome to Vxoc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New member 2012 GTC 1.4 turbo David1987 8 5,685 11:th-Mar-2017, 09:28:00
Last Post: vocky