Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
a questions few noobie

A few noobie questions
Evening.... I've tried the search feature but had no luck....

I have a 12 plate gtc 2.0 cdti ....

1) is the front upper grill easy to take off ?
2) are the little shark fin things on the side of the roof spoiler easy to take off ?
3) is the rear badge easy to take off?

I'm wanting to do a few touches of my own

Any help I would appreciate

Thanks in advance

James
The grill is a bumper off job.

The other bits not sure on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
@Shorty S91 he's the best person to ask as he's done these things on his GTC
Thanks for the replies
Evening buddy sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The bumper needs to come off completely if you want to remove the grill. The rear badge will come off easy enough with a hair dryer and a plastic card. I haven't removed the shark fin however I believe all you need to do is remove the rubber seal abound the boot and some of the trims and the headliner will drop enough for you to loosen the bolt for the ariel. I am off tomorrow so ill go take some pics and make a tutorial to remove the front bumper if there isn't already one
Hi shorty and thnx for the replies..... I meant the big round Vauxhall badge / boot release to take off .... Is it just clipped on do you know ?

Cheers James

(19:th-Aug-2016, 21:45:49)Shorty S91 Wrote: Evening buddy sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The bumper needs to come off completely if you want to remove the grill. The rear badge will come off easy enough with a hair dryer and a plastic card. I haven't removed the shark fin however I believe all you need to do is remove the rubber seal abound the boot and some of the trims and the headliner will drop enough for you to loosen the bolt for the ariel. I am off tomorrow so ill go take some pics and make a tutorial to remove the front bumper if there isn't already one

Regarding the shark fins ..... My mistake referring to them as that .... I was talking about the little black plastic things attached to the roof spoiler at each side

Cheers james
Large Vx badge is stuck on BUT it is stuck on a round piece of body coloured metal that's the boot release... its obviously not smooth under it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(20:th-Aug-2016, 08:38:40)J1ODYA Wrote: Large Vx badge is stuck on BUT it is stuck on a round piece of body coloured metal that's the boot release... its obviously not smooth under it.

Cheers for that
I've seen someone do it but wish I had a pic... basically only remove if you're putting something exactly the same size back on lol

Using Tapatalk
(19:th-Aug-2016, 21:45:49)Shorty S91 Wrote: Evening buddy sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The bumper needs to come off completely if you want to remove the grill. The rear badge will come off easy enough with a hair dryer and a plastic card. I haven't removed the shark fin however I believe all you need to do is remove the rubber seal abound the boot and some of the trims and the headliner will drop enough for you to loosen the bolt for the ariel. I am off tomorrow so ill go take some pics and make a tutorial to remove the front bumper if there isn't already one 

I think he's referring to these that you did on your GTC...

(20:th-Aug-2016, 09:23:54)J1ODYA Wrote: I've seen someone do it but wish I had a pic... basically only remove if you're putting something exactly the same size back on lol

The original badge will be going back on :0)

Thanks james

(20:th-Aug-2016, 10:16:01)stigeye Wrote: [quote='Shorty S91' pid='38322' dateline='1471639549']
Evening buddy sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. The bumper needs to come off completely if you want to remove the grill. The rear badge will come off easy enough with a hair dryer and a plastic card. I haven't removed the shark fin however I believe all you need to do is remove the rubber seal abound the boot and some of the trims and the headliner will drop enough for you to loosen the bolt for the ariel. I am off tomorrow so ill go take some pics and make a tutorial to remove the front bumper if there isn't already one 

I think he's referring to these that you did on your GTC...

Yes those are the things I'm talking about :0)

Cheers James
Managed to get the spoiler fins off and had a play 5d Carbon wrapping them

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

they should look good
(21:st-Aug-2016, 19:38:58)tucpal Wrote: they should look good

I think you are right :0). I get the wingmirrors done aswell to tie it all in

Cheers james

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Owner - Few Questions pr0xibus 5 1,465 25:th-Feb-2023, 20:15:36
Last Post: pr0xibus
Three GTC VXR questions neilll 3 1,716 14:th-Aug-2021, 21:33:37
Last Post: neilll
  New owner of Sports Tourer.. a few questions. Marc_81 8 4,136 16:th-Oct-2018, 22:58:05
Last Post: niteram
  Few Questions JJ00 1 2,994 23:rd-Feb-2017, 18:57:04
Last Post: sheppy1
  1.6T 180bhp questions raimon 25 16,739 27:th-Aug-2016, 16:33:07
Last Post: srea064
  A few questions about my Astra gregj 5 4,728 11:th-Jul-2016, 22:40:24
Last Post: gregj
  Many much Questions GOKIWI 3 4,212 3:rd-Jun-2016, 14:16:25
Last Post: tucpal