Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
painting calipers

painting calipers
Im undecided if i should paint my calipers. what do people think?
Also if i was in unsure what color. Should it be red like my car or blue?
Lastly should i use the proper brake caliper paint or would hammerite be good enough?
if your cars red then red is the obvious choice, gold is also good, but i like the idea of black, ill also be painting the hub, the aloys covers it but ill know its rusty lol, i like the descreet look
Go for contrasting colours to make them stand out. My car is silver with anthracite wheels, so I'm thinking yellow as it contrasts the wheels and body colour.

As for paint, Hammerite is fine.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
red car, black alloys, red calipers, black wing mirrors, black roof.
Go for what ever colour u fancy really u can get the high temp paint off ebay which is only 6quid so if if doesnt suit u can try somthing else dont be afraid to try bright colour might be suprised how good it will look

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
your alloys show alot of the calipers so red would be best
red is so tried and tested.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
got a red car and just had mine done red - looks great.

think the matching colour works with red - if car was black or something then the contrasting options work also.

Do a few google image searches and see some examples
what about 2 colours, bottom bar black, main bit red then hub black

Ignore the white writing but this is what i meant oh and then painting the rusty hub black

That's good
Any idea's on what colour i should do them with a white Astra and the anthracite vx line wheels?
Purple
(19:th-Jun-2016, 21:43:22)o0kidd0o Wrote: Any idea's on what colour i should do them with a white Astra and the anthracite vx line wheels?

Silver or Blue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Brake caliper painting pricee 12 7,398 2:nd-Apr-2016, 14:17:00
Last Post: sheppy1
  Painting engine covers mrtc 3 4,002 30:th-Mar-2016, 08:18:21
Last Post: bhalay207
  Painting Chrome bruce_19 5 5,120 15:th-Mar-2016, 09:44:01
Last Post: bruce_19
  A Bit Of Painting In Order. SI SRI 3 4,163 19:th-Aug-2014, 21:23:12
Last Post: SI SRI