Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Poll: in or out of the eu
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
IN
13.33%
2 13.33%
OUT
86.67%
13 86.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to go european what anyone decided referendum way

European referendum, anyone decided what way to go
Who would you have vote it then mate? The corrupt politicians?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(23:rd-Jun-2016, 13:59:06)J1ODYA Wrote: We shouldn't be deciding this... they should never have held this referendum... no one can coherently say what (if anything) will be better if we leave the EU, conversely the remain campaign has been a load of nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The public voted to be in the EU, therefore it has to be the public's choice as to whether we leave or remain. There is never going to be an ideal time to leave, and most people (politicians inc) have no idea what will really happen if we were to leave. The one thing I do know is that before the referendum was announced David Cameron said that Britain would survive outside of the EU if we were to leave. It was only when he got a watered down agreement from the EU and backed the remain campaign that all of this 'our economy will collapse' gumph started.
I just do not think now is right, I think people will confuse "those immigrants stealing our jobs and taking our houses" with UK need to be out of the EU.

I agree the public should decide just not when no one knows what will be...

Those corrupt politicians can veto any decision the public make anyway.

Using Tapatalk
It'll be a close call but my bets will be on a 58-42 remain

People will either bottle it as they walk in and vote remain, or the out voters will not be bothered to vote.

I am firmly a out voter however I also think it's a big risk, there's no way to tell if we will definitely be better off out & we can't just change our minds if it goes tits up.
I heard if you don't vote, your vote automatically goes to the favour selection. This selection might be 'eu remain' We have to vote OUT to stop our vote automatically going to IN. If this is fixed, least you done your bit. You cant slap yourself around face for not trying.
(23:rd-Jun-2016, 17:06:52)raimon Wrote: I heard if you don't vote, your vote automatically goes to the favour selection. This selection might be 'eu remain' We have to vote OUT to stop our vote automatically going to IN. If this is fixed, least you done your bit. You cant slap yourself around face for not trying.

Not sure I believe that?

If you don't want to vote however, just spoil your ballot.
This is nonsense but if you don't vote you do not get your say.

Using Tapatalk
Utter nonsense

I have a friend who works in the building that is also my local polling station, she said that she hasn't seen that many people go in, a bit disappointing tbh
A massive thing like this everyone should be voting.

Not everyone though, my neighbours cleaner should be banned, she said she was flipping a coin and said that at first she didn't realise we were already in europe
Oh wow, they need their head screwed on a little bit don't they

The amount of people who are moaning they don't know enough to make an informed decision is driving me mad especially as when I ask them have they watched any debates they all say no, the information is out there but you do need to look for it, dam modern humans expecting everything you be done for them
Well I have voted.

My wife is working in a polling station today and when she txt me at tea time to make sure I fed and watered the kids she said she has seen more people voting today than when Scotland voted in the referendum and she has been at the same station for a few years now.

The area she is in is mainly the older generation.
My polling station (a few doors up) had a load of cars pried outside and I seen people queuing at about 6.30 tonight.

Well I went with my heart and not my head .......Go Boris !
Sadly I believe whatever happens, we'll be waking up tomorrow to a Remain majority. Don't always believe we have a say.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I agree unfortunately
I suspect turn out will be circa 60%

Using Tapatalk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/politics/eu_re...um/results
Been up all night, we feckin did it, yey

Bye bye brussels
Just woke up to the news. I take my words back. Pretty shocked to be fair.

It's awesome news!!

According to sky news turnout was 71.9%

To be honest that's it too bad a number. Still 30% will sit and complain if didn't go their way even though they didn't vote.

On such an important vote, I'm surprised 30% didn't turn up.... This is all madness

I woke up at 4:00 and have been glued to the TV lol, I honestly didn't think it would be so close with everyone I spoke to saying leave accept 1 my neighbour who said she's voting in because of the women who died getting her the right to vote.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Happy Independence day everyone... 
Well I woke up and heard the news we have left the EU which was shortly followed by it looks like another Scottish referendum.

The Scottish votes where in favour of staying in the EU with all areas being over 50% to stay in the EU.

I wonder what will happen over the next couple of weeks/months.
Ireland want to join the North and South and be independent apparently...

Scotland want to leave the Uk and rejoin the EU... So much for there previous referendum..

Not heard anything from Wales, they mustn't be too bothered by it all!

just bear in mind it can take 2-4 years to exit .......................and we need to recover the pound , the europeans are laughing right now.
Yeah because there's 80,000 pages of EU rules and regulations that need sorted into keep or dismiss.

The Europeans are far from laughing at us mate, have you not heard..? Holland are now wanting a referendum to leave and it's expected other countries want the same too... EU is crumbling already by the sounds of it.

They are laughing at us for a one reason at the moment......they are buying the pound by the lorry load. Does mean I have to work all weekend now , so at least I get something out of it too. ;-)
I knew others would want a referendum if we were brave enough to make a stand.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
The French, Italian and Dutch people want a referendum... the EU is a sinking ship, it may take a number of years but it will sink. The governments within the EU know that there is growing dissatisfaction from their electorates who want to follow the UK's lead and at some point within the very near future you will see more referendums being called.

Whilst the overall numbers of votes cast was close, you only have to look at the results map to see that overwhelmingly the English and Welsh constituencies were Brexit, not just the so called disenfranchised northerners.

Ha you guys, the reports about other countries wanting a referendum are coming from their equivalents of our Nigel Farage so don't believe that the whole of those countries want it.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few months but could have made a fortune overnight buying and selling euros.

Using Tapatalk
Happy birthday.
(24:th-Jun-2016, 11:52:24)J1ODYA Wrote: Ha you guys, the reports about other countries wanting a referendum are coming from their equivalents of our Nigel Farage so don't believe that the whole of those countries want it.

Be interesting to see what happens over the next few months but could have made a fortune overnight buying and selling euros.

It's not just coming from the far right, there were a number of polls taken throughout Europe before Brexit and the overwhelming consensus was that the public in those countries were unhappy being part of the EU. Probably for the same reasons the British had/ still have. Everyone within those member states will be looking on now to see how we do for sure.
(24:th-Jun-2016, 07:39:43)Tonto Wrote: Ireland want to join the North and South and be independent apparently...

Scotland want to leave the Uk and rejoin the EU... So much for there previous referendum..

Correction, gerry Adams of sinn fein wants to join the north and south but he's just a nutter. No one else thinks it's a good idea.

(24:th-Jun-2016, 17:31:08)marcus Wrote:
(24:th-Jun-2016, 07:39:43)Tonto Wrote: Ireland want to join the North and South and be independent apparently...

Correction, gerry Adams of sinn fein wants to join the north and south but he's just a nutter. No one else thinks it's a good idea.

I covered myself by saying apparently lol. I'd have thought they wouldn't want to be joined lol!

Haha. The north still can't even agree things between themselves and still largely vote along tribal lines. Sadly, they will most certainly get the brunt of the brexit.

I purchased £450 of Euros last week at 1.24 euro to the pound, just looked and its really bad news, it's now 1.23 to the pound, the worlds collapsing around us lol.
That will teach you for voting out....

Im getting really pissed off with the in croud. If the leave had lost i would have said congratulations and got on with my life. Ive had facebook friends unfriend me over the issue. Im sick of seeing onlibe posts making out that everyone who voted out are racist. Argghghghhhhhh

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
It's ridiculous isn't it, I've been laughing my arse off at these highly educated, posh southerners who were out in force shouting abuse, looked like one also hits a coppers arm (very lucky no arrest for assaulting a police officer) and blocking boris' car so he couldn't love until police arrived. They're everything they accused the leave voters of and worse. I would have also just got on with it, but nooo these bloody idiots just like to make a fool of themselves .

I'm yet to notice if anyone has Unfriended me but to be honest they can jog right on by if they have. I'm not fussed.

The problem is the media trying to whip up a storm, they go around looking for none stories and then publicise them to make it look a lot worse than it is. You have this referendum 2 petition, because it seems a number of people just don't seem to understand you choose a side, vote and hope your side wins. And if that side loses or wins you get on with it. They now seem to think politics and voting should change so that you can just keep on doing a rerun until they get what they want.

Then to cap it all off, just to reaffirm how disenfranchised the electorate have been with politics you get a labour MP motioning a parliamentary revolt next week to revoke the referendum result because he and his cronies think it is unfair they lost... politicians who cannot abide by the rules and accept the will of the people should not be allowed to carry on as politicians.

The fact that article 50 hasn't been handed over just shows the contempt the prime minister has for the 17m voters who won the day. He would rather quit, wait for a leadership battle, and it still probably wont be handed over because they will call a general election for sometime next year and tell us we will have to wait until then.
Article 50 should of been handed in by teatime Friday.

Cameron promised to carry out whatever instruction we gave him.

It makes you wonder if it's more a fact of if we don't do it and we put other elections in the way they will forget about it and we can remain, you know how they all think we are thick and have no memory.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
ive been saying for a long ttime labour and the torys are in a mess but bloody hell look at them now, labour is f*cked
Hehe.. Everything bad happen is now Brexit fault. Economic crisis. Enviromental disaster. Large waves at Indian ocean. Rotten strawberrys at your local store.

Newspapers here in Sweden are saying you brits are wrong and you build walls.. Good work, means everything going to be good in the end cause leftist-liberals propaganda are bad for you.
If parliament overturn the vote them millions of people will become totally disillusioned with politics
for me the leaders from all parties should never have had a chosen side
and they should just have agreed to go with the vote of the public
we should be making steps to leave fast but no one can as no one has a clear vision for a britain not totally commented to europe
in reality we will now see in house fighting for leaderships of each party
then most likely an election to see who will do the negotiations to leave
and squabbling over leave and remain will continue for some time to come
scotland and ireland will most likely leave england and wales unless there are concessions given by parliament
but i will say as europe have said out means out anyone who wants to go back
will be going back by there terms and not how it was before they will make a lot of demands from us
the vote should be respected and clear leadership and the way forward should be mapped out fast
what is happening at the moment is going to make this a very hard step forward and most likely very damaging
i am extremely disappointed with what the government is doing by hiding their heads in the sand
my view is becoming one of we will never leave as all the party leaders don't have the stomach for it
they will use scotland's view to debate it again in parliament behind closed doors
then they will change their minds and overturn the vote in the greater good of the country's interests
and they will crawl back to europe on there hands and knees handing over even more power and possible even the pound
I honestly believe that if Scotland had a referendum to go independent it would fail. I think more people want to be part of the UK than they want to be part of the EU.