Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
meguiars scratch x 2

Meguiars Scratch X 2.0
Misses messing up the car again! Think she's bored of curbing the alloys so decided to scrape past a white Audi A1 when pulling out of a road. Managed to get all the paint transfer off and a few of the lighter scratches. Just left with a few tiny dents and scuffs. This stuff is really good though

The damage

Stage one - washed it down then used scratch 2.0

Stage 2 - had another go the next day to get the remainder off. A lot of elbow grease required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NASTY but looks like you have done your best
Oh dear must say you've done a good job there tho mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Very well done, good job! Now the Mrs is barred from driving the car??

Ha. To be fair she's a good driver. 1st accident she's ever had that's been her fault (if you don't include the alloy curbing)

Anyone tried getting dents out before? You can see them in this image. Or is it best left to the professionals

I think this is not avaible for deep stratches. because your problem look like only rubbing construction material.

if have deep one; must be painting.
Why are you not claiming off insurance? Surely the A1 is?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Yeah the a1 is claiming off my insurance but if I want my car repaired I have to pay the first £350

The picture above is after the 1st attempt of getting all the paint off. There are no white marks at all anymore, just 2 dents. If I could get them out it wouldn't be to bad.

I watched wheeler dealers the other night and they used to methods to remove dents.

1. was tool that heats the metal and as you run the tool over the dent disappears No repainting needed.
2. was type of puller tool with rubber things comes with a glue which you put on the rubber then stick it to dent then use the puller, the glue is removed with a solvent, again no repainting needed.

Not sure if any of them work work for you though.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(2:nd-Jun-2016, 07:47:06)Rusty2009 Wrote: I watched wheeler dealers the other night and they used to methods to remove dents.

1. was tool that heats the metal and as you run the tool over the dent disappears No repainting needed.
2. was type of puller tool with rubber things comes with a glue which you put on the rubber then stick it to dent then use the puller, the glue is removed with a solvent, again no repainting needed.

Not sure if any of them work work for you though.

I watched that too, thought it was a clever way of doing it.

I used a company called Dent-Technique a few years ago to remove about 6 or 7 small dents from our old Peugeot and all were removed without a trace. Cost me about £75 in all but it was well worth it.

http://www.dent-technique.co.uk/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  scratch on bumper n1ibor 9 6,864 5:th-Aug-2014, 20:01:58
Last Post: n1ibor

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
exhippykev (27:th-Jun-2023, 21:12:29)