Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
scratch bumper on

scratch on bumper
so i parked my car at the pub last night and i just noticed a scratch about +- 5mm by 1mm.
someone came to close whith the pedal of their bike and took the paint off.
normaly it's just the usual people but it was really busy last night, lot's of people i've never seen so i have no clue who did this.
Would it be expensive to repair?

You might get away with touching it up and using some cutting compound to flatten it back then some polish. If not then try using chips away

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sounds like good advice too me
cornishtaz Wrote:You might get away with touching it up and using some cutting compound to flatten it back then some polish. If not then try using chips away

what do you mean with touching it up?
like kind of painting it?
You can buy touch up pens which include the correct colour and lacquer

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if you go to halfords they can make you one up with your paint code.
tucpal Wrote:if you go to halfords they can make you one up with your paint code.

Not sure if they have a halfords in Belgium mate lol
sorry i forgot i am sure you can get touch up pens made at any auto paint shop
ok I will check tomorwow at the dealer to see if they have any
there are a few auto painters here so i'm sure one of them will do it
i painted it up a while ago, and if you don't know it you won't see it so i'm ok with that.
Also had a bit paint come of the front of the bumper because of little stone impact on the highway.
And it seems the paint is a bit thin.
but it is my fault really because it happend when i when i took the car on a vacation the germany and, well the german autobhan was to tempting

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Meguiars Scratch X 2.0 dutton84 10 7,013 2:nd-Jun-2016, 10:39:41
Last Post: stigeye