Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
blown speaker

Blown Speaker
I was out in the car on Saturday now I don't like load music blaring when I'm driving I like the sound of the engine. I can't remember what song came on but it had heavy base the volume was at 12 like it normally is and it just sounded terrible safe to assume the factory ones are just crap.

Is it worth upgrading all the speakers? any recommendations?

I had a look on eBay and it had one set but they where like £250 no chance I'm paying that for speakers.

I'm not into ICE never have been it's just there but when the kids are in the car they like music so I need to get this fixed but I couldn't tell what are good speakers and what are bad.

I can change them no problem but I would probably buy cheap crap ones.
Really depends what you want to spend TBH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Just speakers that give out good sounds quality I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to replace them again any time soon.

Like I say I don't want to spend a fortune but I will spend money for a decent set.

Just had a look to see what was out and about and its confused me even more as my car has tweekers what ever they are.

Think some more investigation into what I need is in order and also see what friends recommend or people make people on here have bought.

God I sound like an old man I'm on 31 lol.
There are few recommendations in posts in this thread

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-how...e-speakers
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks for that Rusty.

I seen this before I started this thread and thought No I will only need the fronts but reading that thread was a really informative and it have options with feedback.

I thought it was just a massive how too haha should have read it properly most of the links are still working also and prices are better than I thought as well.
To be honest, it will be your source that is at fault, unlikely to be the speakers

The distortion will come from the amplifier and damage the speakers, generally its poor quality amplifiers (which start clipping and distorting) that damage speakers

So you may change your speakers, but, keeping the same source will likely damage your new speakers
Andy by source do you mean the stereo system itself?

All this stuff confuses me I will be honest I can put in a CD play but what works and how's it work is way over my head.

So if the stereo then I will need an upgraded unit?
Android s160 time?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
(30:th-May-2016, 20:24:25)mrtc Wrote: Android s160 time?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

That's is a very good possibility haha think I might need to sweet talk the wife

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Centre dash speaker extremly quiet, pawex 0 4,117 28:th-Aug-2020, 23:39:47
Last Post: pawex
  dash board speaker cable Qaranc 5 9,013 3:rd-Jan-2020, 23:01:03
Last Post: Qaranc
  Speaker Trim no_name 3 6,712 24:th-May-2018, 10:58:33
Last Post: rentalcarsuae4
  centre speaker mrtc 2 7,723 4:th-Jul-2017, 07:28:49
Last Post: Dale90
  Speaker upgrades mellow yellow 2 5,147 31:st-Aug-2016, 16:48:06
Last Post: mellow yellow