Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
wiper windscreen de rear

De-wiper rear windscreen
Hi, I thought I remembered a how to for the de-wiper. Does anyone have the link or know of a how to to do it please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will have look later and find it and place it in the how to section
(11:th-May-2016, 15:07:45)tucpal Wrote: I will have look later and find it and place it in the how to section

Appreciated mate thanks!

Has this how to been posted yet? I can't seem to locate it?
Cheers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
(2:nd-Jun-2016, 22:27:04)doug143 Wrote: Has this how to been posted yet? I can't seem to locate it?
Cheers.

It's actually really easy.

Take trim off inside of tailgate, you'll see the motor for wiper, unplug the connector. Now take off wiper and then unscrew the three bolts on motor. Make sure to hold motor so it doesn't drop. Then pull wiper off and motor out, mine was a little stiff and felt like I was going to break it but just persevere. Then pop grommet in!

FYI kill all wipers has their kit ready and I've bought one. Not on website yet but if you email they send info.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Cheers guys, I'm going to do it in the morning!

Me to... exciting times!

Using Tapatalk
flush fit wow

http://www.killallwipers.com/product/vau...delete-kit
Good price! Shame I like my rear wiper or else I'd get one and get it done!

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

i love the look, but unless i had the boot completly debadged not just numbers+letters then i wouldnt bother
(3:rd-Jun-2016, 09:44:40)J1ODYA Wrote: FYI kill all wipers has their kit ready and I've bought one. Not on website yet but if you email they send info.

(18:th-Jun-2016, 18:31:39)mrtc Wrote: flush fit wow

I think he beat you to it lol
(18:th-Jun-2016, 18:44:24)sheppy1 Wrote: Good price! Shame I like my rear wiper or else I'd get one and get it done!

Haha, yeah. Nothing worse than a dirty window

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(18:th-Jun-2016, 19:15:24)stigeye Wrote:
(3:rd-Jun-2016, 09:44:40)J1ODYA Wrote: FYI kill all wipers has their kit ready and I've bought one.  Not on website yet but if you email they send info.

(18:th-Jun-2016, 18:31:39)mrtc Wrote: flush fit wow

I think he beat you to it lol
lol it was his post that led me to finding the link lol
I was days ahead... kits sat here while!

Is there a how-to?

Using Tapatalk
how did you get on with the dewiper mate?
Boom I did it... some process pics:

Ironically no final pic lol

The nervous bit is pulling the trim off and the trickiest is making the seal neat!

Using Tapatalk
I cannot believe there's no 'after' picture lol
(19:th-Jun-2016, 22:09:06)stigeye Wrote: I cannot believe there's no 'after' picture lol

TA DA

Using Tapatalk
Looks so much better, until you see the rear without a wiper you don't realise how much difference it makes... and all for about a tenner and a bit of elbow grease.
Oh I much prefer the look now I've done it.. looks so clean.

Yes not much hassle doing it either.

Using Tapatalk
(20:th-Jun-2016, 10:51:04)J1ODYA Wrote: Oh I much prefer the look now I've done it..  looks so clean.

Yes not much hassle doing it either.

When you took the rear wiper off, was it just pressure fitted after you remove the bolt, I undid the bolt on the wiper arm and applied a bit of pressure but it seems very well set. Do you just apply enough pressure by twisting it clockwise until it finally works itself loose?
lol yeah just pull gently... there's nothing else to hold it on and you need a bit of faith then it pops off lol I worried a little while doing it.

Using Tapatalk
De-badged & Wiper Delete

Very nice mate!

Well done... easy as...

Using Tapatalk
stigeye, awesome
(26:th-Jun-2016, 17:24:47)J1ODYA Wrote: Well done... easy as...

Yeah it wasn't too bad at all, but the bloody tailgate trim was a b..ch to get off without thinking it was going to break lol
Looks good :-p

Seriously struggling to get the wiper arm off is it definitely just a case of pulling it off?

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Tapatalk
(7:th-May-2017, 19:52:50)KRISGTC Wrote: Seriously struggling to get the wiper arm off is it definitely just a case of pulling it off?

Iirc yes mate, three bolts on motor and lift cap on wiper arm, can't remember 100% if there is a nut on that bolt. Once all clear it pulls apart but is very stiff, needs some wiggling to remove. Pm me pics of needed and can go through it with you.

Yes, it is just a matter of applying enough force and it will just pop off. I can remember trying to get the arm off our vx line last year and I thought I was going to pop the rear window at one point. Eventually though after some not so gentle persuasion it came off.
(7:th-May-2017, 19:52:50)KRISGTC Wrote: Seriously struggling to get the wiper arm off is it definitely just a case of pulling it off?  

Have you done this yet? If you haven't then I recommend you get a small puller or a wiper puller to get it off. 
If you aren't careful enough you will smash the window! I've seen it happen before and its an absolute mess. 

Click

Click

Both of these are good!

The wiper arm seizes onto the spindle of the motor and you need a lot of pressure to get it off. 

I normally remove the wiper first then go into the boot and take the panel off then remove the motor. 

If you've done it then I hope this helps anyone in the future 
Thanks i managed to get it off

(18:th-Jun-2016, 18:44:24)sheppy1 Wrote: Good price! Shame I like my rear wiper or else I'd get one and get it done!

Same here! Looks great but i like to see out the back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vx line rear bumper mrtc 3 4,210 16:th-Jul-2016, 10:05:32
Last Post: Rusty2009
  found 1 piece rear sun shades mrtc 1 3,325 2:nd-Mar-2016, 23:13:03
Last Post: Nickmagicfingers1981
  vx line rear diffuser/valance mrtc 0 2,914 6:th-Feb-2016, 22:46:10
Last Post: mrtc