Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
ebay

ebay
So as part of my plans to build me a decent sound system in my J i decide I need a nice amp to go with it.
Browsing ebay I come across an old but decent amp and thinks to myself that looks like it could do a job for me.
So I decide to do some last minute bidding to see if I can grab a bargain and lo and behold I win it at £36 + a tenner postage - happy days!

Not so

About 5 minutes after I had paid via paypal I got this message from the seller - 

Hi,
I have been trying to cancel this advert for the past couple of hours.
I was getting ready to package the AMP and i tested it first but nothing seems to be happening.[
I contacted the previous high bidder to tell them that it inst working but ive sent it off to be fixed, i dont know what the fault is but if i can get it working again i will gladly honour your bid and send it on to you if i can repair it?

Does this sound as fishy to others as it did to me (bearing in mind the amp was worth £100 + any day)?

Hmm sorry does anyone know why the half the post is in black type and how to fix it please?
get your money, back well fishy
(18:th-Apr-2016, 17:35:53)mrtc Wrote: get your money, back well fishy

I have messaged the seller back and asked for this. Fingers crossed I get refunded as fast as I paid..
good luck but i bet you end upp claiming your money back from ebay, they are good tho and will soort u out
PayPal and ebay are pretty good when it comes to buyer protection.... Sounds like the seller doesn't want to sell at such a cheap price.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
(18:th-Apr-2016, 18:46:27)bhalay207 Wrote: PayPal and ebay are pretty good when it comes to buyer protection.... Sounds like the seller doesn't want to sell at such a cheap price.

Yeah it's what I thought too. As yet no reply from seller, just hope it gets resolved amicably
I'd raise a precautionary dispute on PayPal. I've done it before whilst waiting for a remote control that was missing from my package.

Thankfully I got a full refund and an apology from the seller this morning. 
This isn't the first time I have been messed around with on ebay and no doubt won't be the last 
Serves me right for being a cheapskate I guess  
(19:th-Apr-2016, 15:12:44)CraigSRi Wrote: Thankfully I got a full refund and an apology from the seller this morning. 
This isn't the first time I have been messed around with on ebay and no doubt won't be the last 
Serves me right for being a cheapskate I guess  
Not at all mate... the whole point of eBay is grabbing a bargain!

I had this the other month. Got a cracking deal on a vax steam mop. The seller basically said they'd sent it and gave me a tracking number. Long story short, it never arrived and the tracking number wasn't even for me. Luckily I have pay after delivery on my PayPal so I wasn't out of pocket

Ahh that's worse, when you are expecting something and it doesn't turn up  
Good to hear you got your money back, shame the amplifier became "faulty" !

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to cut back on eBay Cameron UK 21 10,981 7:th-Jun-2016, 13:32:15
Last Post: GOKIWI
  Ebay trader Aply20 Nickmagicfingers1981 25 11,740 29:th-Jun-2015, 21:51:55
Last Post: Rusty2009
  ebay tucpal 6 4,903 4:th-Sep-2014, 19:11:18
Last Post: tucpal