Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
trader ebay aply20

Ebay trader Aply20
Morning guys

Just a quick post to let you know about a an Ebay trader called Aply20.

He is selling the number plate led's that some of you guys have already fitted.

I have purchased the lights but it seems that i got a duff pair as they don't fit to well, you have to rock them from side to side in the bulb holder for them to work. just looks like the actual fit is a bit to small for the holder.

I am now 2 weeks into trying to get the bulbs returned or replaced and have ended up going through the Ebay buyer protection centre.

What i think you should all know is the following.
  1. 1. Seller states he is in Notingham, actually he is based in London ( i only say this as i live in Nottingham and was willing to drive and swap them).
  1. 2. Wants you to pay extra costs in order to return and replace (almost have the orginal price again).
  1. 3. Will tell you that you purchased the wrong bulbs ( even tho it states in the listing that they will fit. And i know that some of you guys have already fitted           them and recommended them!)

Sorry for the rant but i don't want others to have the same trouble as i am having.

Nick
Thanks for the heads up and warning I will check the links in the how to and remove any from this trader
Thanks for the heads up this is shocking behaviour I hope eBay sort it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes that's where I got mine from and have not had a problem at all, is your car a 5 door or 3 door mate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a 2014 5 door. I also tried them in my 2011 corsa d and had the same problem with them.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hmm strange, either bumpers are slightly different on facelift or they have sent you wrong ones. I thought maybe you had a gtc as I'm sure they are different size.

The lights fit fine its just the bulb connector. One fits perfectly but the other one has a lot of side to side movement. Its this that makes me think there's a problem with the connector on that light. I have tried to explain this to the trader but he just doesn't seem interested.

Ah right, sounds faulty then mate. Definitely keep on at eBay and get money back!

Can you get some pics or even a video of it? Then send it to the seller via EBay dispute system so they can see it too.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Cheers for all the help guys.

I have taken some pics and have sent them to the guy already.

Its just the whole back and forth with the guy thats getting me a bit pi***d.

The sad reality that some sellers aren't interested once they have your money. Good luck mate

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I've had to start a complaint/ return log with ebay. The first message i get from the seller is the same as when i first reported it, so ive just put that i refere you back to your first message.

So this is the reply i have got from the trader.

Hello NICK,

aply20 sent you a message about your request:

"Dear friend, So sorry, the item is not for for yours, it only fits for: 09/2000-2006 Corsa C 07/2006 Corsa D + OPC 03/2004 Astra H + OPC 12/2009 Astra J + OPC (Not Sportstourer) 07/2008 Insignia + OPC 04/2002 Vectra C + OPC (Not Caravan) 07/2005 Zafira B 06/2004 Tigra B Twintop For this issue, how about you resell the item to your friend or other people? Thanks a lot. Best Regards"

Is any body able to confirm that they different on the ones above to a 14 pate.

Find it a bit strange that they would just change somthing like that when i would think it is standard across the range?

He's having a laugh tell him to refund you in full then not you try and sell them what a Muppet.

He lists Astra-J 2009 (Which I guess he means 5-door) + OPC (VXR) if I'm right the VXR would be the same as the GTC. I know the estate is different size.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Thats along the lines of what i have said. Still trying to get the address in Nottingham so that i can go and show him, but can't see that happening.

Well it's taken awhile but got a good out come.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for contacting eBay Customer Service. My name is Jermaine and its my pleasure to help your regarding the  case you filed for plate light  (item 181596661960)you bought from “aply20”,I understand how this matter concerns you as you received an item that was not as described and  I'm sorry to hear this transaction didn't go smoothly. Rest assured that I'm genuinely interested to resolve this matter for you.

We placed this case on hold for 3 days to give the seller time to update their return address. However, since the seller failed to update their address in that time, we've decided to close this case in your favour. You'll receive a full refund within 24 hours to the PayPal account you used to purchase the item.

Very good mate, at least it got sorted. Shame had to wait so long though.

Bonus is that i get to the light's so with a little tinkering i think i could get them working properly.

Excellent hope you get them sorted mate.

Result mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Problem is, a lot of the time paypal/ eBay settle it without getting it from the seller which to me defeats the object of a dispute but of course aslong as it goes in your favour

Using Tapatalk
(29:th-Jun-2015, 19:05:04)richje100 Wrote: Problem is, a lot of the time paypal/ eBay settle it without getting it from the seller which to me defeats the object of a dispute but of course aslong as it goes in your favour

Never knew that but i totally agree

I had a dispute with a seller for about £30 , even spoke to eBay about the case over the phone and I asked if they will get it back from the seller and they said no we wouldn't ask him for it.

Using Tapatalk
Explains why the fees are so high, I see PayPal & EBay are becoming to 2 separate company's.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
10 minutes of tinkering and they are in and working fine.

My next question is do i replace the entire rear bulbs with led and if so which ones would people recommend.

I have seen sombody with a reverse light as bright as a head light.

Have a look at this thread mate it will help you know what you can't change to LED

http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=12

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need to cut back on eBay Cameron UK 21 10,991 7:th-Jun-2016, 13:32:15
Last Post: GOKIWI
  ebay CraigSRi 10 6,360 20:th-Apr-2016, 07:30:34
Last Post: andy2174
  ebay tucpal 6 4,916 4:th-Sep-2014, 19:11:18
Last Post: tucpal