Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
gtc vxr interior into

vxr interior into GTC
I know its just a straight swap from what Ive read?? but im sure someone on here told me you lose the folding of the seats. you know to like let people in the back? does that happen or not? if it does is there a way round it. Ive got some seats just wanna make absolutely sure they are gonna work and be ok as I have kids and need my seats to fold lol.

Thanks
I would have thought that the folding mechanism is part of the seat so therefore it's function not effected whether it is in a GTC or laying on a garage floor. @cornishtaz put VXR seats in his GTC, so he would be best to say whether he had any problems with fitting or functionality.
(5:th-Apr-2016, 19:27:37)stigeye Wrote: I would have thought that the folding mechanism is part of the seat so therefore it's function not effected whether it is in a GTC or laying on a garage floor. Maybe it is the sliding forward of the seat when you fold the seat, as in a difference in the rail the seat sits on?

Im not sure mate, i dont know wether the seat is taller and it catches on anything, just sure someone said that to me lol. Im just tryong to double and triple check before i buy them.
Sorry mate, I just edited my post as you posted yours.... @cornishtaz put VXR seats in his GTC, so he would be best to say whether he had any problems with fitting or functionality.
You don't loose any functionality. The only issue you might find is if you've got the seat base set to a high position when you fold the seat forward it may carch on the sunvisor.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(5:th-Apr-2016, 19:37:20)cornishtaz Wrote: You don't loose any functionality. The only issue you might find is if you've got the seat base set to a high position when you fold the seat forward it may carch on the sunvisor.

Thanks mate and are they just a straight swap yea? The ones im getting are heated, but i dont have the dash for it. I'll try and source that once they are in.
Yes mate plug and play once you've got the heated seat panel, also check you've got 25A fuse in postion 2 of the rear fusebox this is for heated seats.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(5:th-Apr-2016, 19:42:56)Kris Wrote:
(5:th-Apr-2016, 19:37:20)cornishtaz Wrote: You don't loose any functionality. The only issue you might find is if you've got the seat base set to a high position when you fold the seat forward it may carch on the sunvisor.

Thanks mate and are they just a straight swap yea? The ones im getting are heated, but i dont have the dash for it. I'll try and source that once they are in.

Post some pix when you get them in please, I'm planning on doing the same thing (when I get my GTC...LOL!).

Did you have trouble getting hold of them by the way? Heard they are a bit scarce.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No wiring for the interior boot light marcus01 5 5,543 20:th-Dec-2017, 16:48:23
Last Post: rlievens
  Interior Lights tommyboy1289 10 6,930 12:th-Jun-2016, 10:47:52
Last Post: sheppy1
  Seats/ interior stigeye 6 5,206 19:th-Apr-2016, 14:25:32
Last Post: marcus
  Interior change DE5IRED 18 9,352 21:st-Apr-2015, 17:37:49
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Interior Trim Types sheppy1 114 48,484 22:nd-Mar-2015, 08:15:56
Last Post: tucpal
  Interior lighting upgrade help oweh 4 5,192 23:rd-Mar-2014, 19:43:20
Last Post: Rusty2009