Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
manchester south hello from

Hello from South Manchester
Hello all I have found some posts here very useful already and thought I should formally join so I could show my appreciation. I have a '62 plate 2.0 CDTI Sport Tourer which I have had for about 6 weeks now. Generally I'm really happy with the car but I have a few minor issues which I'm hoping to resolve....
A little background, I have been running a Skoda Octavia tdi for the last 8 Years and it was a fine and noble steed, but eventually it's "issues" with the vnt turbo meant it was time for a change... prior to that I had an older older Astra 1.7 tdi (with the Vx engine) not sure of the correct model name but it was a P Plate.... we got the Skoda when the 1.7 diesel engine let go for a second time... (it always felt weak....)
So anyway I'm loving the power the CDTI delivers but find a significant lag when changing up the box.. (this may be that I am familiar with the VAG engine in the Skoda which just poured on torque from about 1400 rpm with virtually no lag) but my new astra seems to always need to spin the turbo back up after a gear change .. so am I driving it wrong? Does it need to spin a bit faster before changing up to keep the boost "on"? - I understand this engine is effectively the Alfa JTD unit... being Italian (&16V) does it just need to be revved higher? Or is this lag indicative of an issue with EGR/Turbo...? Oh forgot to mention, it's done 40K miles..
Other than that I have already fitted a Witter tow bar - which was a voyage of discovery but we'll perhaps come to that later.. but thanks to Rusty & Tucpals posts on the subject I managed to get the wiring all operational.
Next job on the list is procuring some nice roof bars without breaking the piggy bank.. any suggestions?

Cheers

Dwightladd

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all From south bham thefukingod 8 4,537 8:th-Jul-2018, 10:29:28
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Hello from the South East Gavster_VX 4 3,880 6:th-Jun-2018, 12:30:15
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  Hi all from South Wales andru 5 4,476 11:th-Apr-2018, 10:17:01
Last Post: sparkyscfc74
  South Aussie Onboard Jedeye Jones 2 3,479 8:th-Aug-2017, 02:18:06
Last Post: sanj424
  Hello Sth Manchester newbie here Dwightladd 19 8,242 13:th-Apr-2016, 20:21:35
Last Post: Dwightladd
  Hi all from Manchester! Willh32 8 5,483 2:nd-Dec-2014, 20:59:14
Last Post: SI SRI
  Hello from Barrybados..... South Wales Taffyposh 2 4,749 28:th-Feb-2014, 14:43:53
Last Post: Rusty2009