Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
sri bagged

Bagged Sri
Ahah thanks yeah shes getting there! Too much planned though
It's beautiful! Can you give a link for the front spoiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure here you go!http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321992028838&alt=web
Looks awesome, Red and black combo go great.
If you've not done so already go on ***** and look up the member Darkrain82 I think... he does black & red!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(11:th-Mar-2016, 07:24:20)J1ODYA Wrote: If you've not done so already go on ***** and look up the member Darkrain82 I think... he does black & red!

I think he's called Jamie Darlington on the Facebook page!

That's him, good guy... not seen his car for a while though so may have changed.

Got a pic somewhere.

Oh didn't notice the forum named got starred out lol

Using Tapatalk
This thing ??

That's yours

Using Tapatalk
Hahah that was meant to be a different emoji! Not question marks ?
(10:th-Mar-2016, 23:35:21)Dannydyer Wrote: Sure here you go!http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321992028838&alt=web

Could you please post some more pics with the spoiler? Is it ok with the "character" of the car?

No colored camers yet in England?

The "thing" looks cool.
Thanks and she was filthy
Update**

De badged the rear last weekend! Used a 25mm grommet. May experiment yet with this but you'll have to wait and see

In cornwall this weekend before getting a full stage 1 paint correction, hopefully get the chome strip wrapped also.

Kinda got some mixed ideas about where to take this build! Trying to stay away from the vxr replica and 'air and rotiform look'

I'm a big fan on jap /racing look so may have a bit of a mash up

Nearly Pvs guys !!!
im loving the jap race look idea
Looking great mate, can't wait to see it at PVS!!!

Thanks mate! Really trying to stay away from the norm! Love the idea Jap influence at the moment!
debadge boot except emblem?
(26:th-Mar-2016, 21:17:44)mrtc Wrote: debadge boot except emblem?

Yes been waiting until it goes in for its machine polish, will get the whole rear smoothed in the next few months.
sweet,
I always see this astra near greggs on my lunch, also helped me make up my mind to buy a gtc when I was driving round in my corsa c. I'm from redditch if you wanna link some time.
(29:th-Mar-2016, 12:24:53)MichaelChopsWood Wrote: I always see this astra near greggs on my lunch, also helped me make up my mind to buy a gtc when I was driving round in my corsa c. I'm from redditch if you wanna link some time.
Cheers mate! Nice to get good feed back she's been getting some ***** lately! Yeah defiantly give us a shout on Fb?

Update ****

Okay so i got back from cornwall on thursday morning, went straight over to Birmingham detailing shop for a full stage 1 paint restoration. Very happy with the results!

It the chucked it down and i went on a motorway :'(

Cleaned up nicely today!

Also got some private plates for my 21st so those will be on next week along with going to see if i can sort my front set up out! All before fast show!

Update ****

Okay so i got back from cornwall on thursday morning, went straight over to Birmingham detailing shop for a full stage 1 paint restoration. Very happy with the results!

It the chucked it down and i went on a motorway :'(

Cleaned up nicely today!

Also got some private plates for my 21st so those will be on next week along with going to see if i can sort my front set up out! All before fast show!
looking very good
So as some have you have already seen my front set up isnt exactly low when aired out. I have been booked in for a while to see what could be done and yesterday found out. Basically the kit compromises of a mk5 golf rear bags and mk5 front struts. However when Emp installed it they couldn't get mk5 to fit so fitted mk7 struts to the front.

As a result the strut is sat very high on in the hub and could do with going about 3 inches further into it which would make it sit slammed when aired out.

As far as i know i have two options to make it lower. Buy mk5 struts and take it somewhere thathave fitted others have done to make it lower. Or cut the hubs up to allow the strut to drop further into the hub.

Really gutted as i though it would be a quick fix but instead im looking at around £1500 and it still might not be low enough for where i want.

Bit lost as to whether to continue this build or cut my losses and move on.

Sad times for the Disastra!
Ouch... personally the garage was paid to drop the car not fudge it so it's at their cost to do the job properly.

Using Tapatalk
Yeah I'd be straight back to garage and get them to give you the mk5 struts so you can go elsewhere to have it done properly

Have to agree with J10dya and Tonto

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Yes i agree. Ive told them i either want mk5 fitted or i want them and my stock front suspension put back on until i can get plush to fit it properly.
Hopefully you get sorted quickly then mate, I love how you've got the car looking so far!

Thanks yes hopefully its made me question whether to bother at the moment so need that spark back
The car does look slightly unbalanced as you would expect the front end to sit a bit lower than the back in most cases. Car still looks amazing though.