Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
battery j cover astra

Astra j battery cover
Hi all I was thinking of getting the battery cover for mine but also read on here about a recall and to take cover off is this true ??
Yes VX have been removing them, don't know why I can't see it coming atall hold tight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
The recall was because it apparently caused the battery to overheat or something and in rare causes has caused engine fires...least that's what info I found online!

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

the battery cover may come loose and fall into the radiator fan
and it may jam the fan and make the fan motor over heat and catch fire.
Christ... And I may get struck by a meteor on the way to work which may also cause an engine fire hahaha

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info - so I take best not to add one then ?
I wouldn't as you don't really gain much apart from risk

Ok many thanks I got 64 plate only 16k all done by me lol just adding things as I see them on here.
That's how I started mate with my brand new 13 plate and have done well over 30 mods now most of which I've found on this forum... It's great fun!

(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:24:50)sheppy1 Wrote: That's how I started mate with my brand new 13 plate and have done well over 30 mods now most of which I've found on this forum... It's great fun!

So what mods can you recommend ?
Ooooo now you're talking! Well... Depends how much you wanna spend!

Defo recommend the VXR steering wheel and also leather heated seats if you don't have them... But that's expensive stuff.

Cheaper stuff would be bright white halogens if you have yellow ones atm (philips extreme vision are the best by far). And also the boot light led blocks I've just done a tutorial on as they light the boot up like nothing on earth! Ha

You're best off looking at my progress thread for the ones I recommend as there are so many!

(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:35:24)sheppy1 Wrote: Ooooo now you're talking! Well... Depends how much you wanna spend!

Defo recommend the VXR steering wheel and also leather heated seats if you don't have them... But that's expensive stuff.

Cheaper stuff would be bright white halogens if you have yellow ones atm (philips extreme vision are the best by far). And also the boot light led blocks I've just done a tutorial on as they light the boot up like nothing on earth! Ha

You're best off looking at my progress thread for the ones I recommend as there are so many!

Well I have the limited edition model so have the leather seats heated, I've changed my headlights to white including the drl,I will have to try and find your boot one sounds a good idea.
Added the auto dimming mirror now, changed all dash trim to the silver/black. So I getting there lol.
I was gonna suggest the auto dimming mirror as I have that too! Ha

You got the red led round the gear stick? These are all small suggestions but others will suggest new springs, alloys, maybe a remap etc. I want a remap next but have a 100k warranty so don't wanna lose that

I've also just bought an android head unit to replace my standard one... That's a good one if you have the crappy red screen cd400

(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:35:24)sheppy1 Wrote: Ooooo now you're talking! Well... Depends how much you wanna spend!

Well I have the limited edition model so have the leather seats heated, I've changed my headlights to white including the drl,I will have to try and find your boot one sounds a good idea.
Added the auto dimming mirror now, changed all dash trim to the silver/black. So I getting there lol.

What's the model head unit you got as I would like to change mine. Yeah I have also added the orange light around gear stick. Was the stereo easy to change ? Hope you don't mind me asking
And why not I fitted mine Makes the engine bay look much better the chances of coming lose yeah only if it's not fitted properly in the first place.

It could be worse you could own a zaffy the B/S on that is unreal lets be honest it's a fault that has come to light (pun not intended) and it's caused by poor repair yet we are recalling them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:43:57)Daz21 Wrote:

What's the model head unit you got as I would like to change mine. Yeah I have also added the orange light around gear stick. Was the stereo easy to change ? Hope you don't mind me asking
It's the M072 model from iceboxauto. Was 320 quid with delivery and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered now. All plug and play too with no messing around

I've got a rear camera too which will activate when is stick the car in reverse and show the video feed on the display

(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:49:39)sheppy1 Wrote:

It's the M072 model from iceboxauto. Was 320 quid with delivery and I'm just waiting for it to be delivered now. All plug and play too with no messing around

I've got a rear camera too which will activate when is stick the car in reverse and show the video feed on the display

Is that one of them Bluetooth reversing camera or have you taking feed off reverse light ? I also put my own reverse sensor's in

(17:th-Feb-2016, 20:49:39)sheppy1 Wrote:

Is that one of them Bluetooth reversing camera or have you taking feed off reverse light ? I also put my own reverse sensor's in
Well it's wireless yet but that's just for the video signal. I will be wiring it into the reverse power cable and then it will be activated like how I said above and then send the signal to a receiver which will be connected to the back of the head unit

And sweet! I have aftermarket reverse sensors too... Forgot to mention those! They're good aren't they

(17:th-Feb-2016, 21:18:46)sheppy1 Wrote: Well it's wireless yet but that's just for the video signal. I will be wiring it into the reverse power cable and then it will be activated like how I said above and then send the signal to a receiver which will be connected to the back of the head unit

And sweet! I have aftermarket reverse sensors too... Forgot to mention those! They're good aren't they

Yeah I like what I've done so far but always look to do something more lol. Can you link me to you boot one as that sounds good. Thanks.
Sure mate! Here's the ebay item number

(17:th-Feb-2016, 21:43:05)sheppy1 Wrote: Sure mate! Here's the ebay item number

Can you tell me what or how you got the mpg display or even do the complete upgrade like you have done I really like this but did not think it could be done. Thanks.
The full upgrade to a better cluster with a large display is a bit trickier unless you're able to find a fully unpaired set on ebay...

(18:th-Feb-2016, 09:01:05)sheppy1 Wrote: The full upgrade to a better cluster with a large display is a bit trickier unless you're able to find a fully unpaired set on ebay...

If I get a set can you do this for me ? Very interested.
I personally can't mate... I had someone hack mine together and paired it with the car that way but he doesn't do this kind of work anymore.

@rusty2009 is the only person I know who can and will pair an unpaired cluster to a car mate

(18:th-Feb-2016, 15:11:12)sheppy1 Wrote: I personally can't mate... I had someone hack mine together and paired it with the car that way but he doesn't do this kind of work anymore.

@rusty2009 is the only person I know who can and will pair an unpaired cluster to a car mate

Ok guess I'm going to have to get hold of @rusty2009 to help me really would like this

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,541 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,078 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,590 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,808 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,900 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,036 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,164 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,506 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,830 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970
  Astra J workshop manual Euroshopper 1 1,967 9:th-Jan-2021, 08:09:36