Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
door gtc 5 or

gtc or 5 door
I have no real need for a 5 door but i am concerned about the rear visiblity hence why im looming at the 5 door. But i keep looking at the gtc.

What was the main reason you lot either bought the astra or the gtc.
I have a 5 door because I have two children, however the more I look at the GTC the more I find myself wanting one. That said, I'm happy with my 5door.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I have the 5 door due to having kids and the fact I don't like 3-doors as the seat belt goes too far back etc.

I also like the idea of rear passengers being able to get out if there is an accident etc.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
For me, it was what was available for my budget at the time, in the spec/colour I wanted, so I wasnt fussy if it was a GTC or 5 door

Next time around (I am already counting down the months!) I will go for a GTC, I'd like a VXR, but, may settle for a 1.6 200
Ive got two kids and have a gtc, easy enough getting the kids in and out and. personally choose the gtc because I was looking at them for a while and preffered them to the 5 door. rear visibility isnt that bad in my opinion and you will learn to adapt to it
I have two kids (8 & 11) and I'd never have the 5 door as I hated the look, the gtc looks like a different car in my opinion so that was the one for me. No issues with them getting in or out but not sure I'd have bought it when they were using child seats.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Having a newborn at the time it was the 5 door for me, I like the gtc but I'm happy with my 5 door! Think I actually prefer it too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the 5 door, I'm 23 and have 0 children, I actually hate the back of the GTC's which is what put me off of them. The 5 door is more practicable, I don't need to jump in and out to let people in, you get quite a bit of boot space (not sure if it's the same as the GTC) and there's leg room galore in the 5 door! It looks mean too - I've got the VX Line
️ My opinion is exactly the same as nemo. Love my 5 door.
Ha funny how opinions differ... I genuinely dislike the 5 door and wasn't until I saw a gtc that I wanted one.

No 23 year old should have sensible 5 door family car!

I had a convertible lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I was 22 when I bought my 5 door. Even as a kid I hated crawling into the backseat of a car through the front doors. So I never thought of getting a gtc, but I did however consider getting a sports tourer...

I just like the practical side of having the doors for when I take my friends along, or for loading up the car with my snowboard for instance.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
My plan is to get the best car i can afford. I have a smallish amount of money. So ill either get a gtc sri or a astra elite

Ive still not heard from the dvla health panel about my licence. Its taking forever
Haha I've had my share of 3 door sporty cars, I had a Citroen DS3 1.6 Dstyle+ 3 door. Loved it but it had to go and my eyes turned to an Astra, practicality, comfort and it still looks good. Get a 5 door. You'll love the space.
Couldn't afford a GTC lol. Got my 5dr when I was 23.