Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
assist newbie park

Park assist newbie
Hello all. Newbie here and also to Astra J (2011) so excuse me if the questions are quite stupid : have park assist in my Astra, front and rear  sensors. From the infotainment system it is activated. When I switch to reverse it notifies on the drivers screen that park assist is on. I have never noticed the front sensors working. If I try to press the button on the dashboard it only flashes a few times and its off again. Tried to read whenever I have found a thread for this but nothing popped out. Can someone explain how the ... this thing is working Thank you advance for the help.
When you press the button it should turn on the sensors and the red led should stay lit all the time they are active.

If it flashes it means something is wrong, are you getting any error codes / messages?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Nope. At least visible. On reverse the back ones are fine. Gonna check again with opcom for any errors.
So tried a few times to diagnose it but when I click on the park assist module it thinks for a while and the I receive 'No DTC definition found'. Still when I press the button on the dash I'm hearing a beep and the light on the button just flashes and nothing. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
As Rusty said, the light should stay on and depending on your spec level you said get a picture of a car come up on the display

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Photos of the dash as requested. And I have four sensors on the rear and 2(at least visible) on the front When I put it on reverse on dash lights up: Park assist ON.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you check the BCM IPC for errors?

What version of op-com are you using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
For the BCM IPC never did this, so if you tell me how will try it. I think the version is 120 something.
(8:th-Mar-2016, 12:24:17)SectorOMEGA Wrote: For the BCM IPC never did this, so if you tell me how will try it. I think the version is 120 something.

Is it a genuine OP-com or a clone?

If a clone Software - Latest Version 2014 120309a+131223d & Latest V1.59 Firmware.

That may explain why get no DTC's anyway.

to scan the BCM and IPC you just go into the body section IIRC.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Hmm the versions are tose one that you have mentioned. But I think its the connection is 1.45 but not sure. Will check once back from work. So in simple words if its a clone one, wont be able to do anything? :( Will try the BCM scan also and update
Clone will read fault codes and I'd only advise that's all a clone is used for.

Yep you should also be able to do a full scan and it will scan all modules on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
So for the body control module: No DTCs present. Am I doing something wrong

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk