Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
lowering j astra

Lowering Astra j
Wanting to know if any1 has lowered Astra j vxline 2.0 cdti on 19".
Don't have a VXline but have lowered mine by 10mm on 19"
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Mines the 5 door and they only can be lowered by 40 mm. but I believe the Sri are already 15 mm lower than stamdard
Cheers for reply. Mines Sri aswell so does that mean with 40 mm eibach lowering springs it's only Guna drop 25mm more? Just wanted to know if any1 had done it as don't want it to be scrapping or wheels catching
Aren't the VX lines slightly lower as standard?
SRI's are 10mm lower as standard (I've fitted SRI springs to mine).
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Ye so I've been told. So these springs will lower it a further 30 mm. But wondering wether it'll be no Gd to carry people in and wether it'll be to much for 19" scrapping
When I had 17" on I was scrapping on everything, fitted 19's and helped still scrapped in places, then when I fitted the SRI springs I'm back to scrapping everywhere again.

MHO is that a 40mm drop is just too much for the J.

@tucpal had 40mm and 19's on his SRI I know he ended up swapping back, so I'm sure he'll be along soon to advise on it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just wana find out because of fitting them Is Guna be a waste of time I want to change my policy back so it's cheaper
some members will tell you it's fine but i had problems with the 40mm lowering on eibach springs
after 6 months they started rubbing inside the wheel arches when full lock was on
they sounded terrible as they rubbed on the splash guards when parking up
to be honest the ride was good till you went over a pothole or speed bump or bumpy road then the bangs were very worrying
when i measured the drop it was more like 65mm in the rear and 55mm in the front
i think they should have done a 30mm drop not 40mm
Don't sound great that then. What's it like with a full car? Sounds like you wouldn't recommend. Was it solved by just changing springs back?
yes i put the normal springs back on and no problems after that
Is there only you that's lowered it then? Or Is there others with no issues? Just don't wana waste money if it's only Guna last a few month
others have lowered their cars also they must be shy Haha
Haha. Just after as much info as possible. It's booked in for a week on Friday. So need to decide before then
I've ordered Eibachs for my Sri. They should be here thurs/Fri and I'm fitting them on Monday. Will let you know how I get on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankyou very much. Hope it all goes to plan. Is that a 5 door?
Yes mate it is, 2.0cdti 5door. I'll update my progress thread with pictures too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot to ask any1 know what it's like with 5 in and luggage ??

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.6 CDTi Turbo Issues P2598 shaky411 1 2,545 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:24:05
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lowering springs identify front rear martinpe68 1 1,712 12:th-Sep-2021, 15:22:37
  Vxr bumper on 5 door Astra j Sh4rk2007 10 8,102 6:th-Jun-2021, 18:25:04
Last Post: jeniferbitcoin71
  New Battery for Astra J 2013 reg 1.7 diesel Galway11 6 3,597 13:th-May-2021, 11:38:55
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Astra J 1.4T Exhaust help sammpennington 1 3,812 12:th-May-2021, 14:29:50
Last Post: azajus
  Astra j gtc modifications BillyBryan 2 1,904 9:th-May-2021, 17:15:36
Last Post: Spaghetti
  Astra J Fault code reader suggestions Euroshopper 1 2,049 22:nd-Feb-2021, 08:50:12
  Astra j bonnet won't open help Paul in sheppy 2 2,176 17:th-Feb-2021, 13:13:46
Last Post: Paul in sheppy
  Astra J GTC PDC bracket milozic 5 2,516 2:nd-Feb-2021, 09:39:35
  Astra J Rear Bench Seat Clip. MrScottyMan 1 1,832 24:th-Jan-2021, 14:44:22
Last Post: Jpbroad1970