Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
again lighting

lighting again
Finding the lighting a nightmare to sort. I want to replace the orange coloured drl bulbs. r580  w21/5w aka 7443
was going to buy some decent led ones from hids direct £36 reckon can bus error free ? although I keep hearing they need load resistors putting in still ?
without messing about which is the easiest option led or another bulb which will look a cleaner white light Mtec or other normal type bulb ?

Headlights another problem , thought they were h7 but they aint. then thought they were a 9006 hb4. just fitted Philips  diamond vision bulbs to my fireblade 5000k look really good, so was going to get same 5000k bulb for the astra. as I don't want messing about with a hid kit. now im lead to believe that a hb4 9006 wont fit as the car has a special bulb a 9012.
grrrrrrrrr

whats the best options ?

sorry if this has been repeated lots of times but there are endless posts on lighting and im really unsure which is the best option for me

Steve
for the drl you need PIAA 7443

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIAA-Xtreme-Wh...SwBahVBuxM

others may say what's best for main beam
do they work in both modes ie as a drl then side light or just on all the time ?

steve
read this thread

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Bes...-j-and-gtc

DRL light and they also dim down for side light nice and white
Will take a look , seems I've seen a thread on here that says drl isn't monitored by can bus , lots of confusion for me
the PIAA bulbs in the link are error free on the GTC and 5 door
but LED bulbs needs loads to be error free on the 5 door
but for the GTC LED are error free on the DRL.
Seems the piaa look the obvious choice as I don't fancy risking £36 on led ones from hids direct to see if they work in the 2 modes or just full brightness all the time . Unless anybody else has already done it
Steve
Stevie_d can you check your emails please.

Is it a 5-door you have? @sheppy1 has got some good H7 ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
You talking about dipped beams here guys? If so then yeah the ones I have are these:

Here they are in my car

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

It's a 3 door gtc 62 plate , they can't be h7 as high and low comes out of a small projector of real thick glass I can't see through , must be 9012 or hb4 9006 ?
ask @cornishtaz
@cornishtaz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-OSRAM-H7-CO...SwhkRWdmjW

I bought these for fogs and main have Phillips as my high beam too... 5000k with 50% better output no picture's yet though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
(8:th-Feb-2016, 22:47:42)stevie_d Wrote: It's a 3 door gtc 62 plate , they can't be h7 as high and low comes out of a small projector of real thick glass I can't see through , must be 9012 or hb4 9006 ?

Will be 9012 then.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Think I'll be limited to get anything better if its a 9012 , unless I get a 9006 and mod the lug could get some 5k 9006
Will be 9012 look at my how-to for hid conversion you will need error cancellers or a decent ballast as the bulbs are on canbus, no need to remove bumper as ballasts can be tucked next to fusebox/airbox. As for DRL'S there not on canbus so no cancellers req'd
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It seems upon me investigating further after calling at Vauxhall today , the gtc is a 9012 bulb. Halfords and other auto shops don't have any. Luckily Vauxhall had one in stock. At a ridiculous £30 including vat . Thought I will buy one to keep as a spare and try matching another bulb to it. Don't want to go down the hid route for several reasons. It seems a hb4 9006 will fit if I modify one of the lugs. Unless anybody else has found a good white 9012 halogen bulb . Pics of standard bulb to follow
If you look at my hid how-to you can see the difference between the 9012 and 9006 and which tab needs trimming
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lighting power issue phlyer 1 2,449 10:th-May-2023, 23:41:47
Last Post: phlyer
  Wonky lighting and other behaviour umognog 3 4,978 5:th-Jul-2018, 06:52:33
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Lighting problem on exit AlanMac 17 8,656 27:th-Nov-2017, 12:46:03
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Bulbs and lighting upgrades for Astra J and GTC - complete list for reference Rusty2009 71 71,679 25:th-Sep-2017, 07:23:38
  Ambient Lighting Davidog1994 4 5,551 22:nd-Sep-2017, 07:05:38
  Astra j gtc sri lighting problem Quinniain 44 22,634 22:nd-Feb-2016, 10:26:05
Last Post: Quinniain