Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
remove keep or

Remove or keep
Well with the Sun starting to come out it's time to start thinking about cutting polishing and waxing the car, when I do it I'm thinking about removing the badges.

Been thinking about it for some time now, but comments below.

Side wing.

The rear

Standard

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I always remove as looks cleaner
Using Tapatalk
J1ODYA Wrote:I always remove as looks cleaner

Not only cleaner but a lot easier when cutting polishing and waxing.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
All removed looks so much tidier

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cornishtaz Wrote:All removed looks so much tidier

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Agreed! Get the fishing line out! lol
Remove everyone imho
i like them removed
but i have not done that my self
I like them as the car looks a bit flat without them. I understand about the cutting and polishing bit, they are a bit awkward to get around, but I still like them.

I once knew a chap who asked about having his new Jaguar fitted with the larger engine size badges when it was delivered, because he did not want his neighbours thinking he was a cheep skate, and could only afford to run the smaller engine version of his car.
I'd remove the side emblems, as they are only local (UK) trim badges and mean nothing now that you've modified your car way past the original spec.

As for the back...:

i like them removed mate, defo looks better
I would keep the 2.0 cdti badge...always makes idiots who tailgate think twice about doing some silly maneuver
JJ-Yorks Wrote:I would keep the 2.0 cdti badge...always makes idiots who tailgate think twice about doing some silly maneuver

If some idiot tailgates me I tap the brake that shits them up enough to back off.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blank/Remove EGR sheppy1 17 11,530 9:th-Jul-2019, 10:47:03
Last Post: Youngy93
  centre console / gearstick slider how to remove? lacesoutdom 3 3,491 10:th-May-2018, 07:41:01
Last Post: Rusty2009
  how to remove the DIFFUSER TRIM opelastra 0 3,103 8:th-May-2017, 13:50:52
Last Post: opelastra
  Remove bonnet strip kippax 8 6,102 27:th-Dec-2016, 19:49:55
  How can i remove n/s boot liner spybot 2 5,477 24:th-Jun-2016, 12:27:16
Last Post: spybot
  Remove Leather Seat Leg Support sheppy1 5 4,817 8:th-Jun-2015, 21:01:40
Last Post: sheppy1
  Remove Chrome sheppy1 12 8,354 10:th-Mar-2015, 21:12:29
Last Post: sheppy1
  Remove rear badge Cameron UK 1 3,066 23:rd-Aug-2014, 06:18:30
Last Post: tucpal
  Remove rear badge Cameron UK 2 3,561 28:th-Jul-2014, 06:26:29
Last Post: Cameron UK
  How do you remove you remove rear tail lights from car LiamTurner 1 4,903 16:th-Jun-2014, 18:09:24