Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
insurance costs

Insurance Costs
Hi All,

I know some may not want to answer this but for those who do...how much do you pay for your insurance?

I currently pay £89 a month and this years best quote is coming back at £64 a month...which is decent i feel! But as I don't know how much others pay who have modded their cars I have nothing to go on for a comparison! Ha.

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Doesnt seem to bad that mate, not in this day n age. Obviously it depends on your no claims, any points, your postcode, your age and years of experience. I think thats a reasonable price tbf
Yeah defo agree mate, loads of variables but yeah...with it having all the mods it has, me only having 2 years NCB etc. I think it's decent! cheapest I will have ever had insurance anyway

£310 a year for me and missus both fully comp
Holy crap... Then again you're an old man with a grandad car aren't ya hehe. Only joking mate

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

My last renewal I was paying 62 a month, but I was 32, 7 years no claims, licence since 2002, and that was a 2008 C220 AMG sport.

My mrs is currently paying 69 a month, shes 20, 0 no claims, thats on 2006 320i SE

Its hard to compare against anyone elses, as said, there are alot of variables to take into account, but I think yours is a decent price, and if its a big saving from last year, its a winner
Yeah I know what you mean mate, was just after rough figures ya see as to what people paid based on other years and others on the forum...But that's helped and thanks for the comments

Insurance sites are highly volatile though! That was admiral offering me 64 a month, I refreshed the quote and now they refuse to insure me but diamond WILL insure me for a quid more a month...robbing gits! they're all the same people! haha

I always use confused.com, but as ya say, I can run a quote at 10am, run exact same details at 3pm n get completely different figures ha
I paid £61 a month before mods then it went to £62 a month. 7 years ncb and went from a 1.0 Corsa to 2.0cdti Astra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was talking to a lass on AOC yesterday about insurance, shes got a 1.4 astra J, and was paying 1500 and shes 18, I thought that was a damn good price me! She was saying shes from Northern Ireland, and over there, ya get free insurance when your over 21 if you drive a 1.0, or 1.2!! Dont know how true it is, but if it is true thats mint!!
(29:th-Jan-2016, 12:16:56)Bloopeta Wrote: I was talking to a lass on AOC yesterday about insurance, shes got a 1.4 astra J, and was paying 1500 and shes 18, I thought that was a damn good price me! She was saying shes from Northern Ireland, and over there, ya get free insurance when your over 21 if you drive a 1.0, or 1.2!! Dont know how true it is, but if it is true thats mint!!

That is bloody good if it's true! I was paying £2400 a year on a 1.1 litre £3000 pug when I was 18!!!! Ha.

just did another refresh and it went down to £62 a month...I'm buying it now before it changes again!

It takes sum Time but it will drop when you get older like me ha ha and I think northern Ireland has the highest insurance area in the UK also i feel real sorry for younger drivers as prices are now ridicules even when I was 18 I never payed more than £600 I will get it soon thou as my daughter what's driving lessons this year haha
When I passed I was 19 and had a 12 year old 1.0 Corsa sting... Cost me £258 deposit and £116 a month... So roughly £1534 for first year lol.

Most ive ever paid was in 2002, when I was 21, just passed my test, and paid 1800, on a H reg calibra 2.0 16v, seemed a fortune back then, but seems to be the norm for new young drivers these days
I paid £375 that includes the wife (2yrs) fully comp without the wife would of been £370 so for £5 was worth adding the wife on that's with all Mod's.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Can't believe what you lot pay!

I'm 24, my Mrs is 21, we're both fully comp on the Astra with Admiral & I've just renewed at £301 for the year. 7yrs Protected NCB, courtesy car cover etc.

I did work for an insurance company for 4 years so I know the game inside out and feel for some of you in high rated areas.

Tucpal, NI is definitely not the highest rated in the UK
I pay £24/month, however, I am now in my late 40s and whatever car I have doesnt seem to make any difference to my premium
Is it bad to start a search now even though mine isn't up until March 12th? I've read they affect credit score or something when you do quotes..?

Think ya can oniy do a month in advance m8, but dont quote me on that
Yeah I know you can only do a month but you can just put on a date and check prices just wondered if there was consequences

No it's fine
(29:th-Jan-2016, 22:54:28)Tonto Wrote: Yeah I know you can only do a month but you can just put on a date and check prices just wondered if there was consequences

Ah I dunno m8, I run daft quotes all the time, but I dunno if it affects credit rating, I would asume if you click paying a yearly premium upfront, then it wont affect credit rating, as your not applying for credit?? I may be wrong, but I cant see how it affect a credit rating if your not making a credit application?

Perhaps Jj0063 can shed any light? He said earlier he worked in the industry?
Ah he's just said its fine, I'm going to start looking I think. Hoping it bloody drops a bit lol

(29:th-Jan-2016, 23:13:09)Jj0063 Wrote: No it's fine

Speak of he devil haha
Totally fine mate, I did a about 80 searches in the past month or so and have had a credit report since then and it's not affected it

Ah cool thanks

I'm in Bradford (one of the worst if not the worst places to get insured) aged 22, got a 2.0CDTI and it cost me £1000 for the year. I've had a bump so I expect it to go up though...
I'm 26 with 8yrs ncb, pass plus and pay £58 per month for a 2.0cdti SRI.

It should be abit less but I pay monthly so end up having interest which makes it short of £700 a year but that is for both me and the missus.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I'm 33 and have 1 years no claim. I have 6 points on license 1 from using a mobile and the other from speeding. Also have a drink drive on there which ended June 2014 but I have to declare it for 5 years. I am paying £63 a month to zenith for my 1.6t 200. The previous year I was paying £98 a month to tesco.
I'm Hoping it comes down again by renewal time.

Before my stupidness of drink driving and mobile and speeding I had the 1.4t Gtc and was paying £26 a month to tesco lol.
that D and D will stay on for 10 years but as you say does not count after 5 but some still count it till it's gone after 10
(2:nd-Feb-2016, 21:42:14)tucpal Wrote: that D and D will stay on for 10 years but as you say does not count after 5 but some still count it till it's gone after 10

I only have to declare it for 5 years mate. i know its there for 10 but after 5 don't need to say anything about it.
Currently paying £60 a month for the vxr.
Has to be a crap postcode as I have 11 years ncb. If I put my mates address it drops down to £27 a month.

A lad in work has issues with his name when it comes to getting quotes. Change the name on the quote and it drops quite a bit.
It's a load of shite to be honest! I done a quote today and it came back at £460 fully comp. £70 despair and 9 X £51. Which I think I'll go for unless it drops nearer time!

(3:rd-Feb-2016, 23:02:15)JohnL Wrote: Currently paying £60 a month for the vxr.
Has to be a crap postcode as I have 11 years ncb. If I put my mates address it drops down to £27 a month.

A lad in work has issues with his name when it comes to getting quotes. Change the name on the quote and it drops quite a bit.
I didn't know insurance got that cheap! Hahaha. May be hope for me yet getting insured on anything bigger than a 1.7 lol

I took the 62 a month quote and ran with it! Got a free confused. Com toy too which I sold on ebay for 50 quid lol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
do biturbo steering wheels affect insurance mrtc 23 10,087 9:th-Jun-2016, 07:16:12
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Advanced Insurance Quotes sheppy1 8 7,067 17:th-Jan-2016, 22:03:33
Last Post: sheppy1
  Pet insurance!? Cameron UK 25 12,402 10:th-Sep-2014, 20:17:40
Last Post: Cameron UK
  insurance n1ibor 15 9,159 23:rd-May-2014, 14:57:19
Last Post: n1ibor