Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
joys sisters of the wedding

Joys of the sisters wedding
Our boss in work will lend his cars out for your own or your family weddings. So I asked to borrow one for my sisters wedding on Saturday just gone. Choice was between a

Bentley Continental
Overfinch
Ferrari f430
Porsche Cayenne

As my sister has always like Ferrari's I borrowed....

Compared to the vxr it's low very low and when you fire the engine it comes to life with dramatic roar. Anyway managed to get around 2 miles from her house when it jumped into neutral and refused to engage a gear decided to turn it off and restart the car but it refused to even attempt to turn over. Had an hour to get to my sisters house and then drive the 30 minutes to the registry office.

So bit of a panic called the boss to see if there was a trick I was missing on getting the car to start. There wasn't :-( He checked the tracker to find out where abouts we were as I couldn't see any road names.

15 minutes later he turned up with his wife and 3 children in the Cayenne and Mclaren 650s (his pride and joy that he doesn't lend out) after trying to get the 430 to start and failing hands us the keys to....

And tells us to get over to my sister and to make sure she has a brilliant day.

What can I say about this car. It's amazing to drive not as loud as the 430 but a lot quicker.
Not sure if there is an dignified method to get in the car. One thing I did notice was the number of people stopping to take pictures was unreal.

After the meal I took the car back so I could collect mine was expecting to be disappointed with climbing back in to a humble Astra but I wasn't. Ok yes it doesn't have the drama of either of the other two or the acceleration. But it was so nice to back in the normal world.
awesome boss lol, my boss drives an old focus lol
My boss drives an A3 and i work for a bank...what the hell do you do @JohnL??? haha

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Internet hosting company sheepy.
bet it was hard seeing your sister marrieed, ive seen both of my sisters get married, it felt like i was losing them lol
Wasn't to bad to tell the truth as he is a really good bloke and looks after her really well and makes her happy. Also the super car driving experience day for me was great.
What a top boss!! My boss drives a berlingo

I had a lotus Carlton as my wedding car and I got to drive that the week before!!

Hope your sister had a lovely day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(24:th-Jan-2016, 20:55:04)JohnL Wrote: After the meal I took the car back so I could collect mine was expecting to be disappointed with climbing back in to a humble Astra but I wasn't. Ok yes it doesn't have the drama of either of the other two or the acceleration. But it was so nice to back in the normal world.

And a much smaller fuel bill

Astra J BiTurbo
(24:th-Jan-2016, 21:38:08)Hev Wrote: What a top boss!! My boss drives a berlingo

I had a lotus Carlton as my wedding car and I got to drive that the week before!!

Hope your sister had a lovely day!

(24:th-Jan-2016, 20:55:04)JohnL Wrote: After the meal I took the car back so I could collect mine was expecting to be disappointed with climbing back in to a humble Astra but I wasn't. Ok yes it doesn't have the drama of either of the other two or the acceleration. But it was so nice to back in the normal world.

And a much smaller fuel bill

I'd have loved if it was a Lotus Carlton. Ended up putting £30 in the mclaren ad the low fuel light came on during the route. Ended up with just under 3/4 of a tank
nice boss my ones a tosser ha ha
(24:th-Jan-2016, 22:22:08)tucpal Wrote: nice boss my ones a tosser ha ha
Both him and his wife (she's the other owner of the company) are very generous and take the effort to know all the staff. Last summer they paid for everyone (and family's) to attend Chester zoo. We also had a beach constructed in the car park for the summer and an ice rink in December

It is a really good place to work.
i work for a well known health service, we sometimes have a break lol. go in early finish very late lol thats my life lol
i get treated like a slave but i am one of 5,000 employees ha ha
no treats for me at all ever in 10 years never mind must look for another one ha ha
I'll have been there 14 year next month.
my employer kept my job for me whilst i was in hospital and i couldnt come back for 7 months, they have been fantastic really
my place is better now than my last boss was forsure
i waited 6 months with a promised pay rise of only £1.50 an hour
the day it was agreed i would get it he had a chat with me and told me he could not afford it at the moment
2 days later he had a £60.000 boat delivered to the works yard
and then he promised us a trip out fishing in it next weekend
i declined and left the job the next day ha ha
Very nice chieftain you got. He respect & trust you.

Reminds me of a person from work who suddenly become disabled, in the middle of a house renovation, half roof and facade which was rotten.. One boss gathered material & volunteers and fixed his familys home + tiled the yard. Not much work for proffesionals, but alot of work for one disabled proffesional man..

Tupcal... I hope he is unable to catch fish. =)