Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
speed limiter

Speed Limiter
Hi,

Sorry for the many posts i have alot of different things i want to retrofit.

Does anyone know if there is any additional cabling for the speed limiter. I have bought a steering wheel with the speed limiter button on however my car doesnt have it. So rather than swapping the controls over i am think it could be retrofitted / actived with tis2web?

Alex
there will be extra wires as i tried it and it did not work at all
noting worked on that button i had to put my old controls in
but sure it is possible
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 19:11:02)tucpal Wrote: there will be extra wires as i tried it and it did not work at all
noting worked on that button i had to put my old controls in
but sure it is possible

Thanks.

Thats a shame. Will see if i can find out how to get it to work otherwise il swap my controls.

I just kinda assumed itd be controlled the same as cruise control/ fly by wire accelerator.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm just waiting on seeing Lewis as I'm sure it just needs telling the speed linter switch is there I've seen the option in the IPC config when doing some programming.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 22:04:54)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'm just waiting on seeing Lewis as I'm sure it just needs telling the speed linter switch is there I've seen the option in the IPC config when doing some programming.

Hopefully that is just the case. Everyone seems to be doing the same mods.
Yeah just Lewis & I have been busy so not had a chance to meet up for a few months.

Fingers crossed it'll be soon.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
@rusty2009 hows sunday next week mate?

@rusty2009 hows sunday next week mate?

(24:th-Jan-2016, 19:29:56)Lewis6317 Wrote: @rusty2009 hows sunday next week mate?

Yep mate that's good.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Youll have to let me know how you guys get on

We will :-)

(28:th-Jan-2016, 22:01:26)Lewis6317 Wrote: We will :-)

Did you get the speed limiter working?
(9:th-Feb-2016, 16:14:41)AlexFitton Wrote:

Sorry mate totally forgot to update.

Right we fitted it programmed the IPC so it knew it had the speed limiter but the controls still would not work.
I sent in a VCI to see if we could get the correct software needed for speed limiter for ECU & BCM but they said no car doesn't support it.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(10:th-Feb-2016, 08:28:53)Rusty2009 Wrote:
(9:th-Feb-2016, 16:14:41)AlexFitton Wrote:

Sorry mate totally forgot to update.

Right we fitted it programmed the IPC so it knew it had the speed limiter but the controls still would not work.
I sent in a VCI to see if we could get the correct software needed for speed limiter for ECU & BCM but they said no car doesn't support it.

Thats a shame. Will have to just swap over the controls on the steering wheel then.

They too are on the same boat so I need to replace the panel is the only right way?
I tried to replace the panel, but does not change anything or pernso that will be just turned off by the control unit ...
To you happened to riativare cruise against you must go to the dealership and get it activated by tech 2 or you can do it by op com?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fan speed button skickers? 75chrisc 1 1,399 12:th-Apr-2021, 08:22:05
Last Post: Jpbroad1970