Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
but back gone again

Gone but back again !
So march of last year I swapped the astra in for a corsa black edition... Aka boy racer machine, now I've decided I miss my astra so I've got another

My first astra

Boy racer with all my mods on

And not mine but the same in every way to mine that I pick up tomorrow.
1.4,t 140 Sri with vxr pack and Bluetooth.

Also had a go in the 1.4t GTC but I miss my extra doors... Must be growing up.

So yeah I'm back!

Not much planned yet few little bits for now will see though.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Welcome back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thank you Rusty. Very glad to be back!

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Welcome again.
Welcome back mate!

Welcome back
Thank you all. I've missed reading the forums for ideas of what to do and seeing what others have done.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
Hola and welcome back to the fold

I went astra, corsa and then back to astra
Astra J BiTurbo
Hello and welcome...back
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 10:57:56)Hev Wrote: Hola and welcome back to the fold

Haha I did it because I missed having a corsa then regretted it after about 2 months.

Everyone wants to race it thinking I'm a proper boy racer, which I kinda was/am.

Using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 13:57:26)PBHorne Wrote:
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 10:57:56)Hev Wrote: Hola and welcome back to the fold

Haha I did it because I missed having a corsa then regretted it after about 2 months.

Everyone wants to race it thinking I'm a proper boy racer, which I kinda was/am.

I went Mk4 GSi, Mk5 1.9 Sri, to a 1.4 corsa as it was the second car, just for me to bob about with.  It was one thirsty little sod and had a lower mpg than the GSi.  now have my BiTurbo and hubby has a 1.7 corsa which is a proper little pocket rocket.

when driivng hubby's corsa, still get the lads at the lights thinking 'oh aye a bird in a corsa' she wont be able to drive.  Light goes green and I'm outta there
Astra J BiTurbo
It's a corsa thing in general I think. Didn't help that mine had the turbo badge either got more attention with it.

However as much as I complain I always smile when I've left them behind... Misses is never amused though ahha.

Using Tapatalk
(22:nd-Jan-2016, 14:20:16)PBHorne Wrote: It's a corsa thing in general I think. Didn't help that mine had the turbo badge either got more attention with it.

However as much as I complain I always smile when I've left them behind... Misses is never amused though ahha.

no I bet it didn't

I'm normally the one egging the driver to put their foot down
Astra J BiTurbo
Haha it always feels like your being challenged when they roll up into the next lane, look and roll a little past the line.

Have to go for it.

Using Tapatalk
She's home no proper pictures yet, waiting until after work tomorrow.

Soon as I got in it for a quick drive... Any doubts I had vanished

Using Tapatalk
Relegated the sisters A1 back to the road Clara gets pride of place now.

Interior bulbs all upgraded apart from the vanity mirrors, I can't figure out how to remove them best without scratches or worse.

White and red being the colours of choice.

Upgraded headlight bulbs to phillps 5000k. I've ordered osram ones now 5000k with 50% extra output and the same for the fog lights.

Silver indicator psy24w on order... They have to be the oddest bulbs I've ever seen.

Need to get number plate ones now unsure what to go for though. Anyone got recommendations?

That about covers it so far

Using Tapatalk
Nice one mate, there's a little gap on side of vanity mirror where you can get your nail in to pop it off, just pulls out! Very easy really just a little stiff at first.

(23:rd-Jan-2016, 18:54:19)Tonto Wrote: Nice one mate, there's a little gap on side of vanity mirror where you can get your nail in to pop it off, just pulls out! Very easy really just a little stiff at first.

Cheers Tonto! I'll give it a go in the morning. Those yellow bulbs are horrendous.

Using Tapatalk
No bother mate yeah the yellow is really bad but great once they're changed!

Yeah the misses will love it no doubt too haha.

Using Tapatalk
Finally got some pictures of the new brum named Clara, I name all my cars.

She needs a good wash and detail but will have to wait until next weekend as I'm in work all week. I do have the nice advantage of taking the works van home though.

Using Tapatalk
Very nice mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Cheers rusty.

Using Tapatalk
Very nice mate.

its a nice color for sure and a good detail will make it all the better
I'm like a kid with a new toy with it.

Also can't wait to wash and detail it... Hoping the weather is good for it this weekend.

Using Tapatalk
what are your planss for the car
(25:th-Jan-2016, 19:24:41)mrtc Wrote: what are your planss for the car
Just the usual for now... Upgrading all bulbs, headlights, plates and interior.
Tinted side repeaters, wind deflectors and also tinted windows will be happening soon enough.

Remap also planned got to sort a day off of work and get it booked in soon.

Lastly need to paint calipers and hubs as they look naff so in need of a touch up. Thinking silver and red as I have them to hand.

Using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  From an Astra, to a Corsa, and back to an Astra? Camrn 2 3,720 9:th-Dec-2016, 19:59:46
Last Post: Tonto
  I'm back! Nemo 10 6,443 1:st-Jan-2016, 10:26:12
Last Post: Tonto
  Back on the VX Scene after 4 years englishrick 10 6,586 16:th-Aug-2015, 22:34:37
Last Post: Bloopeta