Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
seats kids

Kids Seats
Calling all parents. My lad is rapidly outgrowing his Britax seat so i'm now looking to get a booster with back. My question is this.... Isofix or not?

Currently his Britax seat isn't Isofix and whilst i know its in properly, i do worry it would move too much in the event of an incident.

What would you guys recommend??
My kids are now of the size or age of not needing booster seats but we didn't have isofix ones and didn't notice them moving about at all even if I had put the anchors on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
My daughter just went from the booster with the back to just the booster so I've had the one with the back for the last 3-4 years and hasn't been isofix and its ben fine mate. But if you are worrying that much, then obviously get the one that will put your mind at ease
I used to use one with a back, that wasnt isofix, its not gonna go anywhere sandwiched beween a seat, a kid, n a seatbelt. I wouldnt use one without the back tho
Hmm, well i've ordered a Halfords version so will see what i think when it arrives. My eldest son has a standard booster seat with no back. I think i'm a bit paranoid and protective over the youngest haha
I didn't have Isofix with my little one. He's a chunky monkey and when he puts is tush on his booster it ain't going anywhere

(17:th-Jan-2016, 22:01:45)bhalay207 Wrote: Hmm, well i've ordered a Halfords version so will see what i think when it arrives. My eldest son has a standard booster seat with no back. I think i'm a bit paranoid and protective over the youngest haha

how young is young?  we started off with a Graco one with a back which was adjustable.  then took the back off.
Astra J BiTurbo
(18:th-Jan-2016, 15:41:17)Hev Wrote: I didn't have Isofix with my little one.  He's a chunky monkey and when he puts is tush on his booster it ain't going anywhere

(17:th-Jan-2016, 22:01:45)bhalay207 Wrote: Hmm, well i've ordered a Halfords version so will see what i think when it arrives. My eldest son has a standard booster seat with no back. I think i'm a bit paranoid and protective over the youngest haha

how young is young?  we started off with a Graco one with a back which was adjustable.  then took the back off.

He's 2, 3 in May but weights 17kg which pushes him into the stage 2/3 seat group.

My eldest had a Graco with a removable back. He only uses the booster base now
It's hard to know what to do isn't it. I know someone who's kids don't use boosters as they are tall but not the right age. My little one isn't far off the height but I wouldn't feel at all comfortable him not having a booster (he's 7)
Astra J BiTurbo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra gtc sport 1.4 seats changing Wullie1967 3 3,623 3:rd-Mar-2018, 18:29:08
Last Post: vocky
  Heated Leather Seats Question Vx-Mad-G 2 3,987 2:nd-Dec-2016, 10:05:38
Last Post: Vx-Mad-G
  Vxr seats gsisr 3 3,731 13:th-Nov-2016, 11:08:10
Last Post: gsisr
  Fitting VXR seats newredgtc 17 10,194 25:th-Oct-2016, 17:34:24
Last Post: evo
  Best Seat cover for leather rear seats Doughy 2 3,743 16:th-Oct-2016, 08:36:10
Last Post: Doughy
  Seats/ interior stigeye 6 5,194 19:th-Apr-2016, 14:25:32
Last Post: marcus
  Leather seats kevmarky 37 18,210 10:th-Mar-2014, 23:40:45
Last Post: kevmarky