Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
map? re

Re-map?
Is there any way of knowing if the car has a map on it without doing a dyno-run? Compared to my other J this one seems to be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same engines I take it? What have you been driving in between cars?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Exactly the same, ive had that fiat 500 L and a couple of new corsa's. I know that I haven't had an Astra for a couple of weeks but it definitely accelerates a heck of a lot faster. My mate couldn't keep up with me where he used to be able to on the other J

I was going to say maybe it's just because you've not driven it for a while but seeing as there's another factor, maybe it's been tinkered with by the previous owner. I know mine had.

I'll have to dyno run it

thats the only way to find out it may well be done already
you could try and contact the last owner
I've not had the v5 yet with his details, but will certainly send a letter when I get it

I've not actually sent a letter in years...

You may even find them on Facebook

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
New owner of my Focus contacted me via Facebook. I found his message in the 'others' folder

I'll give it a go when the v5 comes through

@Rusty2009 my car spits out white smoke when the turbo kicks in. Not a lot but it's visible, is that a sign of a remap?
No mate my old zaffy did that and it hadn't be mapped

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Hmm is it a bad thing? The white smoke I mean
I had it checked and was told it was fine

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
We shall see then, thanks
I get white smoke when first started, that normal?

Is it white smoke? Or steam??
Umm...
Smoke at first but goes away once warmed up a few mins.

If its smoke, sounds like burning oil :/ if its steam, thats normal, especially this time of year as its cold
Hmm may just be steam but I assumed smoke with it being a diesel.