Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
dtuk box 6t 1

DTUK Box - 1.6T
just wondering if anyone has the same car as me or the 180 version boxed and what kinda gains were you getting?

Im going to buy a box if I can as theres no mention of the 1.6T 200 on the site so have sent a message to see if the 180 is the same, I'm just wondering would i ten be close to the 240bhp range? And if so would this put any strain to any parts on my car? 

Also what bout a pedal box, anyone got one and think they are worth it?

Cheers
Pedal box is worth it mate.

As to a box a remap is your better option for best results.

Iirc the 1.6T uses the M32 box which is not a good box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(31:st-Dec-2015, 20:04:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: Pedal box is worth it mate.

As to a box a remap is your better option for best results.

Iirc the 1.6T uses the M32 box which is not a good box.

ugh thats not good news why are they still using that m32 in newer cars :-/. But do the maps get wiped when they do a service etc? My car is only 6 months old so still have warranty etc.
You're gonna lose that warranty I think if you remap the engine... That's what I have gathered anyway as they can tell right away. I wanna remap mine but I'm only 35k miles into the 100k warranty!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(31:st-Dec-2015, 21:05:06)sheppy1 Wrote: You're gonna lose that warranty I think if you remap the engine... That's what I have gathered anyway as they can tell right away. I wanna remap mine but I'm only 35k miles into the 100k warranty!

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Yea i thought as much thats why i was gonna go for a box so any servicing or warranty work i can then take it off before it goes in.

Do you think installing hids will also void the warranty?
Installing a box will also void the warranty so if the worst happens VX will still know it's had a box on.

I'd wait till the warranty runs out before you down a map or box route.

The pedal box is fine to fit.

Hids won't void your warranty mate.

The rule of thumb is if change anything you lose warranty on that part, I.E I retrofitted AFL so I have no warranty on that and I lost the warranty on my halogen lights.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Remap it for best results box's only give clamed bhp on max settings and then you would still need a dyno run to see results a good safe remap is better than trying to max. It out
(31:st-Dec-2015, 22:04:29)Rusty2009 Wrote: Installing a box will also void the warranty so if the worst happens VX will still know it's had a box on.

I'd wait till the warranty runs out before you down a map or box route.

The pedal box is fine to fit.

Hids won't void your warranty mate.

The rule of thumb is if change anything you lose warranty on that part, I.E I retrofitted AFL so I have no warranty on that and I lost the warranty on my halogen lights.

I thought they cat tell if a bit has been on? Well i suppose the car is fast enough for now then, but i cant wait until 100k miles I've only done 3000 lol.
The 100k was only when they had the lifetime warranty on or did you just scrape in as that ended Jan 2015.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Dec-2015, 22:28:15)Rusty2009 Wrote: The 100k was only when they had the lifetime warranty on or did you just scrape in as that ended Jan 2015.

I had my car from hutchings in vauxhall mate and its second hand its an ex demo and the warranty is lifetime 100k  I had the same on my 1.4T but I bought the car this month. But its a 15 plate so I dont know now?? Coz surely thats earliest registered in march and misses the jan deadline?? but why would he say this??

edited because of my stupid mac auto correction things making me look like a twat lol
If they say it has then that's fine mate.

When you have it serviced use genuine parts and keep receipts.

Make sure whoever service it put all part numbers on the service sheet.

And you have to take the car back to VX every year after service for reactivation.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Dec-2015, 22:44:27)Rusty2009 Wrote: If they say it has then that's fine mate.

When you have it serviced use genuine parts and keep receipts.

Make sure whoever service it put all part numbers on the service sheet.

And you have to take the car back to VX every year after service for reactivation.

Yea learned that on my first service for the red one. I took it to my usual garage, made sure they used genuine parts. Took it back to vx to re-activate they had me go back to garage and get all part numbers used etc and take it back. Next service took it straight back to vx couldn't be assed with the hassle lol.

So when they service it and I take the box off they can see there's been one on it?

I was always under the impression that they can't? Never had one on the 1.4t but did on my vxr h and 1.9 h
Look they can tell but only if they look for it they would only do this if the engine was totally screwed and they read the ecu map history I really would not worry
They won't look for it unless they have too. If you blow the engine they will deffo look.

I've been told the ECU has an image on which gets flipped if a tuning box or remap is done how true that is I don't know but it came from a Vauxhall employee.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
That is true
Cheers lads I'm gonna stick with my plan then and get a box and pedal box if they are still doing the deal. Once my kids are fitted ill open up a progress thread. Ive done a few bits myself lol.
Anyone ever tried the bluespark boxes? They seem to do the same thing but are cheaper than dtuk plus a 28 day no quibble return if not happy?

Also looking at the bluefin. What do most people recommend or have had experience with?
I had a blue spark box and after a few months the car wouldn't start with it on

I did buy it 2nd hand.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(31:st-Dec-2015, 23:56:16)Rusty2009 Wrote: They won't look for it unless they have too. If you blow the engine they will deffo look.

I've been told the ECU has an image on which gets flipped if a tuning box or remap is done how true that is I don't know but it came from a Vauxhall employee.

What do you mean by an image being flipped?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

(1:st-Jan-2016, 20:12:40)Kris Wrote: Anyone ever tried the bluespark boxes? They seem to do the same thing but are cheaper than dtuk plus a 28 day no quibble return if not happy?

Also looking at the bluefin. What do most people recommend or have had experience with?
I've not had any experience with either but I've read a lot of good stuff about the DTUK boxes and their customer service

There is a image (I'd guess a VX logo) on the ECU that gets flipped upside down

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(1:st-Jan-2016, 21:07:24)Rusty2009 Wrote: There is a image (I'd guess a VX logo) on the ECU that gets flipped upside down

A digital image?

I'm just being curious lol

(1:st-Jan-2016, 20:43:30)Rusty2009 Wrote: I had a blue spark box and after a few months the car wouldn't start with it on

I did buy it 2nd hand.

When it worked was it good as in the same as the DTUK? I see they still attach to the turbo, common rail fuel etc the same and have adjustable settings. Ive always used dtuk boxes since i had a 1.9 H but they are a bit pricey but I'm just wondering if its a case of you get what you pay for or if the bluespark or even the bluefin are cheaper AND better or equal alternatives.
I've no idea mate you can't see it on GDS2 or SPS it's just an image which I guess is loaded with the software.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'd have a bluespark over a DTUK box and you don't need to max the settings to know it's there.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(1:st-Jan-2016, 22:01:02)Rusty2009 Wrote: I'd have a bluespark over a DTUK box and you don't need to max the settings to know it's there.

Yea but then you said your car wouldn't start after a few months lol. Do you know anything about the bluefins mate?
The bluefin won't work on the 2.0CDTI but @tucpal had one on his 1.4t

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers rusty. @tucpal what was it like mate and how come you went with a bluefin rather than a box?
The bluefin was the only option on my old j na
but i find maps are just the better option