Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
heated seats

Heated Seats
Hi guys, I was testing another Astra J out today and it had heated leather seats, when test driving I put both on to make sure they were working as you do and I found that the drivers one kept turning itself off and the passengers one was fine. I had the windscreen demister on but when I turned that off it seemed to temporarily fix the problem. I don't know if this is a common thing or just the car? Any help? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The drivers heated seat is a common problem have a look in the common problem there is a thread on it.

Also in the how-to section is a thread on how to fix it.

If buying from a dealer get them to fix it if private knock a few £££'s extra off the price

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Spoke with the dealer @rusty2009 and they said they wouldn't touch it :/

(24:th-Dec-2015, 20:32:33)Nemo Wrote: Spoke with the dealer @rusty2009 and they said they wouldn't touch it :/

Is that a VX dealer?

If so ring round and find the cost to replace the heater pad.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Evan Halshaw

they will know all too well about the problem and how to fix it for sure.
But they said they wouldn't touch it as its a part ex car

Seems silly to me if you buy the car you want it working 100% and as a seller they should fix anything wrong with it. I'd walk away from it mate if that's their attitude

What's your budget and what engine are looking for?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
But they said they wouldn't touch it as its a part ex car

The sale has already been made matey, it's got all the extras I want

Let them mug someone else off with it then mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Just take it back in under warranty mate. Can't refuse then. If they do, get on the phone to Vauxhall head office.

My car was a part ex car but I still made them paint the front bumper and wing etc before if accept it. The dealer must have hated me as I literally went all round mine finding every blemish. Part ex or not, it's still alot of money to spend and they should respect that!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
How can I argue with them? It's a Evan Halshaw ford garage aha

Oh, I thought it was a Vauxhall garage you were going to. My bad.
I personally would stand my ground and threaten to cancel the sale of they don't resolve it. I think it's poor to turn round and say it's a part ex car. If that's the case, why even bother selling it on!?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Ring VX dealer and ask for a total price for the heated front seat repair, this is lower pad & module although if done under warranty by VX they replaced lower pad (bum) upper pad (Lower back) and the module when they did mine.

Then go back to Evans and say right knock £££'s off or no deal. knock more off to start and don't go below what it will cost you to get fixed.

If they won't budge walk away mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I'm then without a car again