Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
hello from france

Hello from France
Hello to all users here, i came here to find a tutorial for removing the back panel on my Astra GTC.
I'm 40 years old and drive a GTC for Almost 3 years ... i really love it.

Here is my car :

and other photos HERE.
welcome to vxoc your cars looks very good
Welcome to VXOC.

Which back panel did you want to remove?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Welcome to VXOC mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(6:th-Dec-2015, 07:47:07)Rusty2009 Wrote: Welcome to VXOC.

Which back panel did you want to remove?

Hello, i needed to remove the big black part in plastic inside the rear liftgate.

I broke the 2 corner parts to open view to the rear lights. I had to glue it One has even lost a pin ...

Removing the panel was quite easy but needed some force to apply.
Everything has been done and i will see if i can buy new corner parts i broke.

There a bit hard to pull off but glad you did it
Helllo Dani.
thanks by the pictures, you have a good machine mate.

be carefull with the screws....

your spanish friend
I made a tutorial for this for the 5 door which is on this site...should have been applicable to the 3 door I guess but oh well, least you sorted it! And don't worrt about the broken clips...I've broken about 20 around the car doing all my mods and retorfits and everything still feels solid lol

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

(7:th-Dec-2015, 09:39:24)sheppy1 Wrote: I made a tutorial for this for the 5 door which is on this site...should have been applicable to the 3 door I guess but oh well, least you sorted it! And don't worrt about the broken clips...I've broken about 20 around the car doing all my mods and retorfits and everything still feels solid lol

Thanks, i found the tutorial : https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...Door-Panel
The unique difference is we have only one door handle in the GTC/VXR and only one screw to remove.
I also used those plastic parts to unmount bicycle tyres. You seem to have used the same thing.
It helps a lot and avoid scratching the paint ...

Looking on your other tutorials. Thanks.
loads for you to have a go at in there

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi from France Valentin 4 3,090 8:th-Feb-2023, 20:03:27
Last Post: Rusty2009