VXOC Astra-J/GTC

Full Version: Hello from France
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello to all users here, i came here to find a tutorial for removing the back panel on my Astra GTC.
I'm 40 years old and drive a GTC for Almost 3 years ... i really love it.

Here is my car :

[Image: IMG_005.jpg]

and other photos HERE.
welcome to vxoc your cars looks very good
Welcome to VXOC.

Which back panel did you want to remove?
Welcome to VXOC mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(6:th-Dec-2015, 07:47:07)Rusty2009 Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome to VXOC.

Which back panel did you want to remove?

Hello, i needed to remove the big black part in plastic inside the rear liftgate.

[Image: img_4829.jpg]

I broke the 2 corner parts to open view to the rear lights. I had to glue it Angry One has even lost a pin ...

[Image: wp_20110.jpg] [Image: wp_20111.jpg]

Removing the panel was quite easy but needed some force to apply.
Everything has been done and i will see if i can buy new corner parts i broke.

Wink
There a bit hard to pull off but glad you did it
Helllo Dani.
thanks by the pictures, you have a good machine mate.

be carefull with the screws.... Bye

your spanish friend
I made a tutorial for this for the 5 door which is on this site...should have been applicable to the 3 door I guess but oh well, least you sorted it! And don't worrt about the broken clips...I've broken about 20 around the car doing all my mods and retorfits and everything still feels solid lol
(7:th-Dec-2015, 09:39:24)sheppy1 Wrote: [ -> ]I made a tutorial for this for the 5 door which is on this site...should have been applicable to the 3 door I guess but oh well, least you sorted it! And don't worrt about the broken clips...I've broken about 20 around the car doing all my mods and retorfits and everything still feels solid lol

Thanks, i found the tutorial : https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-How...Door-Panel
The unique difference is we have only one door handle in the GTC/VXR and only one screw to remove.
I also used those plastic parts to unmount bicycle tyres. You seem to have used the same thing.
It helps a lot and avoid scratching the paint ...

Wink

Looking on your other tutorials. Thanks.
loads for you to have a go at in there