Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
plug h11 filler

H11 Filler Plug
Hi All,

Aware that the plug I'm referring too is the same for H11 and H7 etc. But basically I'm after a filler plug (same shape as a male plug that would provide power etc to a device, fog light H11 bulb in my instance).

What I wanna do is install my fog lights but atm I'm having issues so cannot plug the correct power cables into the female plug, so was wondering if a filler plug exists that doesn't do anything except stop dirt and water getting into the female plug socket... Hope this makes sense.

Ta

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Not that I'm aware of mate put a small food bag or money bag over it and tape it up (Just make sure you tape it properly or it may fill with water)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ha it makes me smile that I'm not the only one who's wanted to do this. Ta mate, was thinking that electrical tape firmly over it may also work just fine.

can you not heat shrink it
I think Vauxhall just tape then up if the cable isn't being used so I personally wouldn't worry. I'm be concerned that a bag could collect water which would lead to a bigger problem.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Haha yeah they do! I found a few now that are in the way of where water could splash them and they were just taped up. I was however on about a h11 plug for the fog bulb itself... Not sure if they are waterproof or not. I just used electrical tape to seal them though

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door Drain Plug THOMAS123 4 5,492 12:th-Dec-2017, 08:26:31
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Sump plug removal grahamfromoldham 3 4,372 12:th-Mar-2015, 21:12:36
Last Post: tucpal