Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
problem confusing idle

Confusing idle problem.
Hi guys 

So last night the Mrs broke down in the Astra, it was idling lumpy and wouldn't Rev/would just cut out under load.

No EML, no codes, RAC came out and hit the EGR 3 times with the handle of a screw driver & she was on her way.. Still idling weird but driving fine.

It's occasionally idled funny ever since I purchased it but never had any other issues.

It's a 1.7 CDTI 125bhp with 115k on the clock. Up to date service wise etc, new fuel filter in last 5k.

I took the EGR off tonight and cleaned it: 

Here's a vid, as you can see plugging the EGR in makes no difference.

http://youtu.be/wzezIZOPAdc

What could it be considering there's no codes etc? When I turn the engine off there's a click probabky 3 or 4 times from the EGR area, sounds electrical.

Help?

Cheers
When my egr valve got stuck open because of carbon (rac also hit it with screw driver) I got home no bother and had egr cleaned in an ultrasonic bath. I didn't get codes until rac bloke held revs on so the engine had to throw some code. What I noted was maf air flow excessive. Could yours possibly be something to do with air flow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk