Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
light fog surrounds

Fog Light Surrounds
Hey all

I was going to change the bumper to a VXLINE one but it's too much hassle for me so instead I'll go back to upgrading it to be elite spec lol.

Anyway, anyone either have or know where I can get the fog light surrounds?

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

They wont be that much new from say lookers and I still have the fogs
Didn't know you could get car partsd from Lookers! Ha. Oh brill, well I'll take them off your hands once I'm able to find the surrounds otherwise they won't be much use :P

Ok no problem just give me a shout
Will do! Thanks for that, I'll defo want them as long as I can get hold of the surrounds. Also did we say I'd need anything else other than surrounds and a new switch ? Will it already have looms in place?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

You might need the wiring mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Ahhh and how does that fit into the car itself?

Most likely will only need the the power and ground from the bumper plug (I have some of the pins needed too)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
Power and ground bumper plugs? Any photos or diagrams of these and what are they used for at present in my car? Cheers though mate! I'll defo need the pins

I'll look it out tomorrow.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Cheers mate! Gonna get those bulbs off @tucpal this week and I've got a guy at lookers finding the surrounds for me. Just need to know how to get them wired in! Haha

at least you will have them and they will look better rusty can wire them later on
Well I'll have to ask him to help me, he won't be able to do them for me just shelled out 250 on my new tyres (fitted though and 110 cheaper than vauxhall!) now to buy my break pads and discs and those bulbs off you! Bank is raking a hit lol

Quick one guys... Obviously I'll have to buy a new headlight switch as mine doesn't have the fog light switch on it. But will the wiring be in place already behind the switch to actually activate them?

Yes mate wiring will be there, once it's all plugged just a VCI code and job done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Phew! Thanks how much for the VCI code and how is that applied to the car? Never had this done yet... Be tech 2 won't it...if so I'm buggered as there's no one round here who has one

No MDI mate, need the car get a V-CAP file which is uploaded to GM who then take upto 24hrs (not weekends) to send an email with VCI code. Then go back and have VCI code entered.

Depends who does it some people are greedy and charge £80 others charge £40-45.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Damn looks like I'm out then! After bulbs (£50)switch (£25) MDI code (£40ish)and housing (about £40) this ends up being a very expensive mod for what it is! Also I don't even know anyone who has an MDI (been through this before when I was sorting my cluster and ended up having to go go *****)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ambient light JohnL 3 4,106 15:th-May-2019, 14:01:14
Last Post: ALANMAX67
  Matt Black Side Vent Surrounds srea064 8 6,946 27:th-Oct-2016, 21:31:50
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Boot Light Nemo 4 5,403 2:nd-Jan-2016, 21:11:42
Last Post: Nemo