Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
number plates

Number plates
That will be interesting to see. You got the front spoiler fitted yet.

The holders are made out of plastic.
(19:th-Apr-2015, 18:29:03)dutton84 Wrote: What are the holders made out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plastic.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(19:th-Apr-2015, 18:38:46)WhelanUK Wrote: That will be interesting to see. You got the front spoiler fitted yet.

The holders are made out of plastic.

No mate not yet started rubbing it back the other day but need to buy some filler and paint, gonna have ago at painting it myself, if it comes out abit wrong no problem as the bumper needs a repaint anyway.

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I'm gonna attempt to paint my grill and interior trim myself. Have no idea how to to do it, any tips?
It's all in the prep mate, if you've not done it before find something to practice on, you main goal is to get the primer nice and flat using wet and dry before the top coat.

@Tucpal helped me out with lots of tips (still waiting some guides to be be)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
@Tucpal hint hint haha
to be honest practice makes perfect and there are plenty of tutorials on you tube that can show it better
Hey Guys,

Did we ever come to a conclusion in whether or not a metal plate would hold okay on the front bumper with it being slightly curved? Need to replace mine and want the metal ones but only if they won't start to come loose...

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Been a few that have gone for pressed plates and they never said they had any problems
Awesome! Will have to get some bought. Only 20 quid for the pair. My front one is cracked and it's annoying me lol

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Let us know how you get on mate, I'm looking at a pair for £20 pressed metal too as my normal ones the plastic protection has came away and they're crap.

Hahaha yes they are! Will do will look at getting them this weekend anyway. Hoping they come with enough 3m tape too!

Metal... so last year, I use sticker plates lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
I've had my pressed plates fitted with Velcro for months now & done approx 11k with them on... Had no issues, they stick to the curve of the bumper and are easy to remove when cleaning/at shows.
Awesome! That's what I like to hear! think the ones I have gone for (which should be coming next week) just come with 3M tape. I'll report back as to how I get on anyway

You got any pics @Sheppy1 ?

What is best way to go then? I am after metal pressed plates and dont feel confident in just using tape, I like the look of the holders so that is an option, but do they look that bad with not curving?

Thoughts please

Hey mate,

I have pics of the plates on my progress thread I think. I ended up using two packs of this stuff (one pack per plate)

The stuff the plates came with with crap, this stuff is awesome! No sign of movement in over 2 weeks now! You won't have any issues with it

And they do curve mate, just put the sticky pads all over the plate and push it against the curve of the car. The pads pull it to the curve of the car

I'm iust a bit hesitant in case they fall off, would rather it be fixed permanently lol

I was the same as I do 100 miles a day driving but they seem rock solid... I mean I look around at other people's cars who have standard number plates and a lot of them must be using adhesive too (and probably not as much as I'm using) and there's don't seem to fall off haha

Hmmm, when I get around to buying them I'll ask you again to see if they're still holding strong

Hahaha I'll be like "nahhh, one whizzed off as I was doing 90 down the m62" lol

In fact... That's a lie in itself, can't do more than 50 down the m62 due to all the god damn average speed cameras!!

Hahaha we need autobahns!!

(23:rd-Oct-2015, 09:58:55)Tonto Wrote: Hahaha we need autobahns!!

couldn't agree more
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
(23:rd-Oct-2015, 09:58:55)Tonto Wrote: Hahaha we need autobahns!!

I wish. We cant even get a 10mph increase on the motorways

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
i got some pressed plates today and i am really impressed with them
i used this place super fast delivery and top product
very happy with them

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221635628250?_...EBIDX%3AIT
Nice, what's your plans on keeping them on? Screws, tape, holders etc?

tape and i am afraid screws i don't trust tape alone
don't think the surrounds will fit the front of the sig looks to small for them
Haha I can't wait to get my new plates but don't think I'd trust tape alone either, thinking holder... Only thing I seen they stick out on the J

Holder works well they fitted my j no problems
Ah excellent, I don't suppose you have a link to them?

Or are these ones I'm watching decent..?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/321685276165

sure they're the ones i had very similar not sure where i got them but it was ebay
Ok thanks mate, I will get round to getting them soon lol!

Ok thanks mate, I will get round to getting them soon lol!

Who read this thread?
2 User(s) read this thread:
greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:34:33), syntetx (9:th-Dec-2023, 18:48:45)