Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
any with got anybody type of this experience kit

Anybody got any experience with this type of kit
I want an xp kit on my J and have come across the kit below on fleabay.

Has anybody got any experience of this kit regardless of model? It's more the quality of the material I'm questioning. I'm going to assume it's not a patch on what Vauxhall would provide.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...47&alt=web

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
fiberglass copy cheap kit but not OEM quality
dont no anyone that has gone for it as yet
Usually fibreglass copies take alot of adjustment to get a good fit
What about durability?

Stone chip very easily and badly, as doesnt just chip the paint, it chips the gel coat underneath too
Hmmm. Would you stear clear?

Ive fitted many fibreglass kits over the years in the bodyshop, and takes alot of work and prep, usually ends up costing a fortune in labour, people think they will just fit straight on n paint.
It chips easily and badly, and if you catch say a lower splitter on a curb, it doesnt scrape like plastic it shatters.
Last thing I used was a pair of corner splitters on the front of my 320d m sport, got sick of filling chips n repainting so I wrapped them in carbon fibre to make more durable.
Personally, I wouldnt touch it mate
That's fair enough. Cheers mate, really useful!

Good advise there just look around for a genuine kit new or used
I'm hoping for more limited editions to hit the salvage yards 😮

(16:th-Sep-2015, 21:01:58)bhalay207 Wrote: I'm hoping for more limited editions to hit the salvage yards ?

the tend to more so after the bad weather in winter months ha
They do come up ever now and again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dry, almost grinding type noise from front wheels / discs area rbull51 2 5,245 12:th-May-2017, 11:17:58
Last Post: Big Dave2
  Farty Type Noise DaPa 3 3,901 7:th-Mar-2016, 22:12:40
Last Post: J1ODYA