Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to corsa models avoid

Corsa Models to Avoid
Hey Guys! 

Posting this in general chat as it's not related to Astra's...

So a friend of mine is looking to buy a 2nd hand Corsa D and he is wondering if there are any specific models which should be avoided...or even specific engine types for that matter.

Cheers

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

I've always found the corsas to be painfully slow apart from the VXR. I'd probably start with a 1.4 on engine but spec wise is a difficult one as the specs do seem to be good all round.

Is your friend going to get a new one or one that's a few yrs old?

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
Yeah I thought the same too...We currently have a 1.4 Corsa D SXI and it's pretty slow to pick up unless you rag it around in 1st and 2nd!

He's going for one that's about 5 years old or so...looking more at diesels he said and about 50k miles or so. He was just worried that some models may be worth avoiding e.g. have poor gear boxes in a certain engine size from a certain year

Agree get the biggest engine possible limited edition models look good with the body kit and alloys but a good tec spec can be hard to find newer models seem better or as said an older vxr
Yeah I agree! LE models look great don't they and are usually pretty kitted out too! I guess if there are no specific models to avoid then he should just be going for the best looking (highest spec models) with the largest engines

I had a courtesy corsa when the Astra had come work done and it reminded me how slowly hey are.... I was bricking it on the M1 and felt like I had to really thrash it to get anywhere. At one point, going up a hill it slowed down and I had to change into 2nd!!

I was so happy to get back in the Astra.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk
I would think the 1.4 turbo and 1.6 turbo would be the ones to look for
Sweet! I will make those suggestions to him so he can find and test drive those ones nice on guys

Why not buy a proper car that has the power to start like an astra All corsa's are slow and horrid looking things.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
My wife had a 1.2 LE under powered and very common. We have just bought a new 1.0T 115bhp Corsa Excite nice spec and quicker than a na 1.6 Astra
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Funny little engine the new 1.0 turbo very small 3 pot 5 speed turbo just started to build them they may be light so this helps with them feeling better but I would guess the MPG won't be grate anyway NA engines will soon be a thing of the past and smaller petrol and diesel twin turbo engines will be the next generation engines
On a recent motorway run doing 80 ish in 6th returned 51mpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Good not to bad but the corsa is perfect for smaller engines how well it will do with the extra weight of the new Astra and sports tourer will be seen I know the 1.0t in the focus has been criticized for its clamed mpg and real world mpg but hey ho that's just the way things go with omissions standards the new Astra the biggest diesel is a 1.6 twin turbo now Germany will get the new 1.5 cdti next year so looks like that will be the next step for them shrunk again to a 1.5 twin turbo everyone is at it so we all better get used to it
Good job I plan on keeping my 2.0 for a long time then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
On paper the new 1.6 twin turbo will be better on mpg and bhp etc we will see
I wonder if the VXR 2.0 engines wil downsize.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Corsa VXR bannan 2 3,736 4:th-Feb-2015, 19:57:12
Last Post: WhelanUK