Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
infotainment android

Android infotainment
Hi
A couple of months ago I installed this by myself http://www.dx.com/p/lsqstar-7-android4-1...aogPOZa8vc
The problem that i had two weeks ago and continues so far is that the dvd cannot locate satellites as fast as before.So far the dvd  locate satellites in at least five seconds and now it will be 30 or 40 kilometers of driving.Also from when it will locate the satellites the behavior is unstable and it looses the location some times...As you can see in the pictures the gps antenna is this http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sale-Whol...36466.html.
I reset in factory settings two times and the result is the same.The programm that is installed and you can see the satellites is "gps test plus"
1.Can anyone understand in which part is the problem?
2.As it seems from the specs the antenna is not only antenna but has an internal receiver which i am not sure if it's true.Is there a case to have the receiver the problem and do not have stable function?
3.Is there a case to have the problem a part in the box of dvd and not the module of antenna?
4.Where is the receiver of navigation?
5.The only receiver is into the antenna only as described in its specs or the dvd have another receiver inside? 
Anyone can help because...
Opel Astra J 1.3 ecoflex(ESSENTIA)
rusty did have one of these types he may know
I look forward of Rusty's reply...
where did you mount the antenna?

I'm a bit lost when you say about the DVD locating as a dvd doesn't need satellites.

I've found the best place the satnav antenna is on the left wing from inside the car (try right wing for LHD)

failing that what the roof?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
(18:th-Jul-2015, 13:46:55)Rusty2009 Wrote: where did you mount the antenna?

I'm a bit lost when you say about the DVD locating as a dvd doesn't need satellites.

I've found the best place the satnav antenna is on the left wing from inside the car (try right wing for LHD)

failing that what the roof?

I have the antenna behind the central mirror
That's my question.The only part that is responsible for satellites's locate is the antenna?There is nothing else into the box of dvd that needs a gps program to work.Is that right?
The antenna module has the antenna+receiver?In this case the whole job about satellites and locate them become from this module and the dvd have only to run the gps program (igo,sygic etc)?
i try to understand in which part  is the problem.Is a fault of antenna module or there is problem into the box of dvd?
Right I'm with you now.

only the Satnav will need the satellites nothing else.

It could be a faulty antenna or a faulty unit theses are so cheap you know they are using the cheapest components to make them do you know anyone else who has the same antenna that you could try to see if it's at fault?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
(18:th-Jul-2015, 14:36:18)Rusty2009 Wrote: Right I'm with you now.

only the Satnav will need the satellites nothing else.

It could be a faulty antenna or a faulty unit theses are so cheap you know they are using the cheapest components to make them do you know anyone else who has the same antenna that you could try to see if it's at fault?
"a faulty unit" do you mean the receiver that include the exterior antenna module like the link i put in 1st post?
Has the module of antenna an internal receiver inside as they describe finally?Please answer this question if you know.
I have a friend with the same unit but he is far away from me.The problem isn't to buy another antenna module but find if this is the part that has malfuction.
I can't say 100% as to what the unit has inside it must have some sort of of chip to read the info from the antenna.

As said you could try another antenna and see if that solves the problem if not there must be something at fault with the main unit.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
These are the specs of module:

GPS type:Receiver & Antenna
Brand Name:ANGEL'S GIFT
item:GPS antenna
High Gain Aerial:Marine gps antenna
gps antenna cable:with SMA male connector
Radio antenna:gps receiver
Best buy gps:gps module
Frequency:1575.42MHz
Gain:28dB
Cable Length:3M

So i think that has and receiver and amplifier!Maybe one of these has problem