Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
to cats keep how away

How to keep cats away
Most random request you will read on this.

My neighbour has three cats and iv seen one on the roof of my car once and noticing scratches on top.

Any ideas how to keep them away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shotgun?

I think you can get a spray repellent and some sort of ultrasonic alarm.
Cats keep shitting in my front garden, tried everything to stop them but never works.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
They like hot places to sit so move the car out the sun also cats don't use there claws to walk or sit once they have found a nice place to sit they tend to return make the car nice a slippy with wax or polish is your best bet or just move the car
They don't like citrusy things and tend to stay away from things that smell like citrus.

I think I'll try the citrus first, I think it's when it jumps up in the back its scratching. I can't really move the car anyway as its either there or on the street which is tight

Chuck a bucket of water on it. Definitely won't come back

Looked like a right idiot hopefully this works or I can see the neighbour getting hit with a bill.

Hahaha bless ya!! Yeah man I'd be pissed if my neighbours cats were doing it! Try and get photos to prove it before confronting them though. My two cats are house cats

The guy seen the cat do it when I seen it was when I was changing the bulbs. It was inside I chased it out it ran into my works van then jumped on the roof. It's so annoying jumps in my windows.

I couldn't even be mad, I love cats and dogs haha

You do realise that's acidic
, it'll have to do till I get to Morrison

Lmao I just realised, use oranges or tangerines etc

Was gonna say orange peels, works in gardens etc however I wouldn't put them on the car lol.
Half full bottles of water will stop them using the garden as a toilet. As for the cat's scratching the car I can't really comment as my cat is forever sitting on my car. He even likes going for drives. In the 8 years the worst he's done is left dirty prints on the windscreen.
I tried the half full bottle of water and didn't work :-(
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
In that case coffee or pepper in the soil should work just can't remember which on it is
tried the pepper also garlic and curry powder, not heard of coffee tho (think the wife might go metal if I nicked her nescafe)
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Ive heard of starfish before? Dont know why or how though
Find a citrus car cleaner product/wax maybe?

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/washing-an...d_345.html
My problem is my front garden (car is in the garage) and the 2 dogs see off any cats that try to enter the back garden.

annoying when you spend hours planting and cleaning up all the rubbish etc only to go out next morning and find cat pooh here there and everywhere.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
the same can be said for dog poo in the street parks and beaches ha ha
(14:th-Sep-2015, 10:52:38)tucpal Wrote: the same can be said for dog poo in the street parks and beaches ha ha

That's very true I can't understand why the dirty a-holes can't clean it up.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
The worst thing I see often in our local woodland park is doggy poo bags hanging in trees there is one tree at the end of the trail that this can be seen very often i am sure they think it is some sort if crap Christmas tree and in desperate need of decorating ha ha anyway well done to all who remove it correctly
Round our way people have resorted to sticking signs up as there's a few that leave the muck on the pavements and never clear it up
Photograph them and report it, they'll soon stop when they get the fines!!

(14:th-Sep-2015, 11:21:30)tucpal Wrote: The worst thing I see often in our local woodland park is doggy poo bags hanging in trees there is one tree at the end of the trail that this can be seen very often i am sure they think it is some sort if crap Christmas tree and in desperate need of decorating ha ha anyway well done to all who remove it correctly

There's a trail around by me that dog walkers often visit. They hang poo bags on the same tree then the council come around and collect them at the end of the day. Think it's because there's no bins and I've seen loads of people doing it.

Using Tapatalk