Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
remap a20dth

A20DTH Remap
Hey all,

Can anyone shed some light and let me know if this remap looks any good, I know it says Insignia but it is for the same engine as my J. 

i am sure you could hit 200 bhp
Yeah I've seen one where it hit 212bhp. But I'm finding hard to find places to get it remapped. Would that be classed as only stage 1 or is that total I'd get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Were are you getting it done or planning on getting it done and how much
Haven't contacted anywhere yet, just looking around on net! So no prices either.

Everywhere I've been to have said it can't be done due the security on the ECU, but I know one member @tottybye has had it done on his.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Should get more than that. Durham Remaps have said they can do it now. Last time when I booked mine in last year they said £300 inc dpf and egr delete but they couldn't do it due the ecu not being cracked at that date. Now it has been cracked it can be done. Stage 1 on these is classed as just a remap. Stage 2 is dpf and egr delete. Just need to get around to getting mine booked in.
Sorry been a busy man.... So long as the company says the can remap the Bosch EDC17C59 ECU, then you should be ok.
Company in sheffield remapped mine to just over 200BHP... the power is brilliant

hope this helps
Certainly does mate thank you, do you know roughly what I should be paying for the remap?

I paid £275, so would expect around that price.. Give SLT remapping a call. They have various sites in Uk... Sure there will be one near you

On other hand have a look on celtic tuning website
Just remember it is always a good idea to take the car to the dealers and get any service updates done before you get the car remaped as if they do any after the remap it will wipe it off so ask the remaper about reinstall costs if this does happen but best just to stay away from the dealers if possible
I stay well away from dealer been in on three occasions and they've damaged my car every time :(
What's the cost to go in and check for service updates?

About £60 but you can ask if there are any outstanding updates for your reg just by phoning up best to check

You can also get maps from regal who use IPF flash and bluefin superchips that you can remove and reload to the car whenever you want I just take the map off go to the dealers if any service updates are required then reload the map it tells me there is a change to the original map I upload it back to bluefin they send me back a reworked map with the updates included at no cost so ether IPF or bluefin are worth a look
Hi, I'm from Poland and I had REMAP also.
Engine A20DTH 165HP and automat AF40-6 (Aisin)

I show You my remap for comparison

before:

after:

Torque line is very good.

Test acceleration (left side before):

Looking good
I'm at the place where I have my M.O.T's done and I was speaking to the guy who does them about DPF's and remap of my car.

He said they have gutted a few DPF's as long as the join is on the top not a problem. Also as for remapping it could take 3 days if they have to take the ECU out and send it away.

Not even he can understand the need for a DPF as all is does is chuck the ***** out in one go.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remap / New Member, Hi! MidlandsGTC 1 1,424 5:th-Jan-2021, 08:42:56
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Astra J GTC 2.0 CDTI A20 DTH Stage 1 Remap - Wayside Performance M222RJF 8 4,710 11:th-Sep-2020, 20:55:21
Last Post: badger64
Remap? LINNY34 14 10,658 27:th-Jul-2018, 19:07:38
  !.4 Turbo remap Midlands simsgtc 5 4,095 15:th-Jul-2018, 21:51:29
Last Post: simsgtc
  My remap nightmare Morgan 43 19,910 11:th-Mar-2017, 08:33:25
  Remap on a f40WR homzey 6 5,750 24:th-Jan-2017, 19:38:42
Last Post: Hummelshøj
  dpf removal and remap on a17dte? rbull51 4 5,152 1:st-Dec-2016, 23:02:47
Last Post: tucpal
  ECU Remap or Pedal Box bradhiggy 4 4,858 1:st-Nov-2016, 14:08:31