Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
infinity

Infinity
Does anyone know if it's possible to add infinity as the standard system isn't as good as my corsa d was so want to upgrade to infinity if possible. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Should be possible you would too look into the wiring etc and parts needed, although it may work out cheaper to change speakers and and install an amp.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Want to try and do it so all looks factory spec

I don't know about the speakers but the amp in the boot is plug and play so check you have the plug?!
Using Tapatalk
Where would the plug be?

This is something i wondered, but couldn't find anything online about it.
IIRC it is located in the o/s rear behind the trim panel in the boot.

I can look into getting all the wiring and pin outs if you want.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
^^^^ what he said
Using Tapatalk
Ok I'll have to have a look thank you

So if the amp is plug and play. Are they the same speakers or do they need upgrading too

different speakers from the standard also
but check the factory sub as that is also needed
J1ODAY may show you some pictures
Can't find the cable in the boot for the life of me

there not in every car and i would have a commandant guess no of the cables will be there at all
sure rusty could work the wiring out for you but this wont be a cheap upgrade
and an after market amp would work out ££ cheaper
Don't know if it makes a difference but car is 2014 Vxr

Yeah I know it would. Just I like hidden and discreet

i am sure when rusty has the time he will look into the wiring and parts needed
very possible to do it i would look for a car that is braking that has infinity
hard to find but it would save you money if you can find the amp and sub second hand
I did get a price from the local dealer for the infinity speakers didn't think they were to expensive I will see if I can find the part numbers and prices I was quoted.
I'm going to assume that they are wired differently and won't be plug and play?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
I believe the speakers them self are plug and play just you would be missing the amp that comes as part of the infinity setup. But if I remember correctly they are a lower ohm rating than the standard speakers meaning the standard unit should still be louder
But shouldn't be to hard to put the amp in tho

Iirc they are wired differently have a look at how-to change speakers thread both diagrams are there (as links at bottom of first post).

Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Who read this thread?
4 User(s) read this thread:
KKEVANSKK (10:th-Jun-2023, 13:51:11), Cozzer1990 (3:rd-Mar-2024, 11:35:40), madgerald1974 (9:th-Sep-2023, 17:25:42), greg848484 (11:th-Jun-2023, 18:36:56)