Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tags
cleaner alloy

alloy cleaner
need a good alloy cleaner recommendations would be appreciated
what do you use and what is best thanks,.   
Have a look at post 32 in this thread mate http://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/Thread-Sona...e-Detailer can't rate the Sonax alloy wheel cleaner enough mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
If you have really dirty alloys with burnt in brake dust then you need something like Bilt Hamber auto wheels. Once you have got them spotless then seal the alloys. After that you won't need anything more than soapy water to clean them.
thank you both there not that bad but some brake dust is starting to stick and washing is not removing it now
and it is about time they were cleaned and resealed now as they have not been done since the summer
i will try the sonax as there not that soiled to use the bilt hammer thanks
You tried claying the wheels? Might help remove the deposits then can clean after that with other products.

BTW where you located? You Liverpool way? Sure seen some pics of your car in L1... I'm crosby way.
on the wirral mate and a very good idea
Bilberry
Using Tapatalk
Definately try the sonax extreme. Amazon have it cheaper now too.
i will get some next week cheers everyone

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merlins Blood Wheel Cleaner sheppy1 4 5,436 10:th-Mar-2016, 15:11:50
Last Post: shaunwistow
  Meguiar's Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner Rusty2009 5 5,432 26:th-Aug-2014, 18:43:15
Last Post: cornishtaz
  Upholstery cleaner. . Simon Templar 1 4,159 29:th-Jul-2014, 10:12:07
Last Post: tucpal