Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
mostly i today

Today I mostly....
... de-badged the side and rears of my sports tourer, pretty pleased with the results.

Think tinted side repeaters, wind deflectors and badgeless grill next.
Looking good. Nice to see a sports tourer.
That's a nice looking motor mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Thanks, not had it that long so got quite a few things left to do.

Only mods so far are

* Polarg blue DRL blubs
* All interior lights changed for white LED
* Rear parking sensors fitted
* De-badged

On the list

* Tinted side repeaters
* Wind deflectors
* De-badged front grille
* Painted calipers
* USB Retrofit
* New speakers all round
* Footwell lighting

Ideally if it wasn't a 1.3

* Lowered
* 18" VXR Alloys
Nice list there mate,

How does it pull etc being a 1.3?
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I was surprised it's not horrifically bad certainly better than I thought it would be considering...

I wanted to keep running costs down as plan was to get another mx5 as a second car again anyway at some point (have owned 4 previously for daily drive/track/drift) but I needed a more practical car for daily use now.

It only really bothers me off the mark sometimes, once it's going it's fine and has enough pull in gear and on the motorway it's really fine for me at the mo, you can't even get anywhere fast these days anyway what with all the traffic and the dickheads on the roads.

It costs £20/yr to tax, I'm getting 60mpg round town and 70+ on a run and it's less to insure too so I'm pretty happy with it at the moment, a touch more power would be nicer. I've not driven a 1.7 so I don't know just how much quicker they feel. I'd prob get a 2.0 next time round but there's quite a few people saying they ain't getting that much mpg out of them... I'd want a bit more power if I was getting down towards 40mpg.
That's good then.

I have the 2.0CDTI and it totally depends how I drive as to what MPG I get.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
nice motor and looking good

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What have you done to your J or GTC today? phil67 5 4,319 28:th-Jul-2019, 01:51:08
Last Post: Collster
  Plasti dip today Jon3sy 13 7,344 17:th-Mar-2018, 23:16:03
Last Post: Gavinj87
  Parcel today Jon3sy 2 3,252 17:th-Aug-2017, 15:21:51
Last Post: Jon3sy
Blue smoke from a17dte today rbull51 1 3,594 18:th-Jan-2017, 20:55:37
Last Post: Astra VXD
  Few Pictures off today ! Jonathaneuk 12 8,656 11:th-Apr-2016, 17:41:25
Last Post: Jonathaneuk