Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
dreaded the nightshift

The dreaded nightshift
So ive recently started a new job working 12hr shifts of 2 days, 2 nights followed by 4 days off.

My old job was monday to friday 10-7. I used to do nights before but havent done them for a good 3 and a half yesrs now.

Im guessing some of you will think im crazy for taking up shift work, however with the shift allowance i get paid, it pays just over £10,000 more than my old job a year. So my question is this, how do you 'shifters' keep yourself alert throughout the night?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk
tapatalk keeps me busy and on here when i am nights

i do two weeks off nights and two weeks off days 4 days in total every week
i must admit i prefer nights as i have more time in the day
but they still take some getting used to even after 10 years
Oh damn! Your shifts are my idea of hell! Haha. My old job moved to shift work and then I promptly left! My current job is 8 - 3.30 but if there's work to do in evenings then you may have to do it but it's pretty flexible and you get paid a lot more for it so not an issue this is the only kind of working pattern id consider doing!

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Done shift work in the past but I wouldn't want to do it again. I read an news report that its bad for your heath and can increase the risk of diabetes in later life along with a host of other heath problems.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
Used to work nights when I worked at the alarm company. It was better doing the night shift than day's due to the job role. Not many people set commercial alarms during the day but you had to look busy.

I wouldn't go back to nights again though as I used to use more fuel going for drives in the car all the time. Did something stupid like 80k in one year.
Strangely enough I'm working for an alarm company. Fortunately I'm not going to do that I've got two kids to tie me down lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
The thing I hated about working nights was the drunks thinking the place's we were working in refitting was open.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.