Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
tyres

Tyres
Ended up buying new tyres at the end off last month as one of the front tyres ended up with a bulge in the wall. Took it to the local tyre place and they have given me both tyres back as they couldn't see any damage on the tyre.

As you can see it wasn't big but and now with the tyre off wheel there is no indication anything was there in the 1st place. Would you keep it as a spare or bin it? 
Not sure I would need some advice also but doesn't look healthy as small as it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sounds like the sidewall is failing under pressure.
I wouldn't use it at all if you had it fitted and the police did a check they could fine you and will definitely make you change it as it's unsafe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The tyre place didn't seem to think there was an issue. Personally I wasn't sure and like I said now the tyre is off the rim there's nothing to indicate there was an issue. Might just keep it as a spare tyre just in case.
I certainly wouldn't use it, it's a blowout waiting to happen. Any good tyre fitter would bin it I know my fitter would
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It's sat under the stairs sat next to the spare wheel which has a perfectly fine tyre fitted. Will take it to the tip over the weekend wanted a second opinion before I disposed of it. Was annoying when it happened as the tyre is not even 6 months old.
Yep I know and our tyres aren't cheap
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
agree a blow out could happen at anytime with that in the bin mate is the best place for it

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  what price did you pay and what size are your tyres mrtc 11 8,944 23:rd-Feb-2016, 18:27:48
Last Post: Bloopeta