Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
s progress astra jj thread

JJ'S Astra Progress thread
They do good after a clean shame it'll be dirty so soon tho.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I've been really slack with this over the past few months & ive just gone through the thread and decided I need to give this some TLC. I nearly part exchanged it for a Volvo V50 R Design but I don't really need it, just got bored I guess!

Since I changed jobs in October I now have a company van so this only gets used twice a week which is nice considering this has just hit 118k on original clutch/turbo/DPF/m32 box etc lol.

Just renewed the insurance for under £300 which is good considering my other half is only 22 & has a £8500 fault claim 3yrs ago.

MOT is booked 12th Feb, Tax will be due in March too but £30 for the year I can cope with lol.

It's had 4 new tyres recently, new MTEC DRL bulbs as the PIAA's gave up and a set of Osram Nightbreaker Plus as my HIDS were naff and one died within a month so I got a refund.

Plans wise I want a flat bottom steering wheel and ideally a new rear bumper as my drivers side mount seems to have split slightly so it doesn't sit flush on the arch. Also want to some other cheap mods to make me fall in love with it again as it's the perfect car for us in terms of MPG, tax & insurance costs, spec with sat nav USB & Bluetooth etc but it's just a bit same old now I've had it nearly a year... I've on,y ever had one car more than a year (my vectra) the other 46 lasted just months lol.
Just purchased a DTUK pedal box
That will make a difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
I'm hoping so got the V3 one which from reading up seems to be the one to have.

Just need to source myself a steering wheel now!
Very nice mate, I wanted a pedal box too!

Just had an error message saying a number plate bulb has gone so I've used it as a good excuse to order the LED ones
Haha nice one mate, they're so much better!

Pedal box fitted... I like
passed its MOT today with 0 advisories
Well done
As its passed the MOT I've decided to treat it to a service so I've ordered oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, pollen filter and genuine GM oil.

Should keep me busy at the weekend!
Fuel filter, I change it every 7k anyway due to the turkey noise

Air filter, can't believe the rubbish it had in there. Apparently changed 18k ago when I got the car.

Oil was ready for a change too, need to double check the capacity as I drained 6ltrs out and it's always shown over max, 5ltrs in and it's reading over 3/4 on the dipstick so I'm going to just keep an eye on it.

Pollen filter change and also brimmed it and have put some injector cleaner in too as I've notice if I'm flat out in 3rd in hesitates and stutters occasionally.

1.7cdti needs 5.4l of oil mate I need to do my fuel filter and pollen filter soon. Already done oil, oil filter, k&n air filter. My air filter wasn't that bad mind I changed air filter only a few month after getting car.

Ah that's ideal then as I put 5ltrs of the GM in then topped it up with some spare I had so it's around spot on now!

Cheers
no bother. It's weird as my 2.0cdti only needs 4.5l lol

that will do the car a world of good i had the same problem with the air filter it was dirty as hell after 26.000
i had the same wired cotton padding also stuck to it
and vauxhall say it will last till 40.000 or 4 years there having a proper lauf there
and just shows there service plan is utter rubbish.
Cheers mate, yep I'm going to carry on doing it yearly!

Took some better pics of the puddle lights tonight... Well, night time pics

They look awesome mate! When do they come on? Also is there a tutorial for them?

Sent from my XT1092 using Tapatalk

Astra Energy 63 Plate 1.7 CDTI (150BHP)

Cheers mate, I'm over the moon with them!

Basically follow the how to by rusty on the door card light things but feed the power up and out then through the mirror, I can make a bit of a how to if you like & there are more pics in my thread I posted about them
Ahhhh right! So did you have to cut a hole in the bottom of the mirror or just stick the lights to the bottom somehow?

Just drilled a small hole in the underside, feed the wires into the mirror, take mirror cap off and connect them to the power you've fed through and voila.. Works with my courtesy lights so if I unlock the car they light up, same if I open the doors etc.

Cost less than £5, couple of quid for some 10cm LED strips and then just need some wire.. You could take the feed from your footwell lights infact
Sweet! I'm with you, get what you've done there the door card gotta come off then?

And so they're literally just stuck on under there and you can see the strip if you look underneath the mirror?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progress Thread - Astra 2.0CDTi (165) eCOFlex Jonathaneuk Jonathaneuk 104 38,819 20:th-Jan-2024, 15:20:34
Last Post: Dominattor
  Progress thread Rusty2009 Rusty2009 416 174,464 27:th-Mar-2022, 09:32:35
Last Post: Rusty2009
  Progress thread : White Astra 2.0 Cdti Sri vx line marcus 193 90,894 1:st-Aug-2021, 11:24:07
Last Post: Chip
  Astra J with Insignia parts Roksab 2 3,062 16:th-Jul-2021, 09:04:52
Last Post: marktourino
  My 2011 Astra J 2.0 CDTI SRI Jetcolour 58 14,389 15:th-Jan-2021, 11:07:16
Last Post: MarkAP68
  Progress thread - AstraRT AstraRT 5 4,430 10:th-Jan-2021, 08:35:22
  Qaranc's Astra progress Qaranc 12 9,187 7:th-Nov-2020, 08:06:37
Last Post: Jetcolour
  Alex's Progress Thread AlexFitton 95 41,114 27:th-Jun-2020, 08:53:48
  Sparkyscfc74’s progress thread sparkyscfc74 485 557,165 13:th-Jun-2020, 08:24:38
  Astra Sport Tourer by Dooks Dooks 17 13,464 18:th-May-2020, 11:07:26

Who read this thread?
1 User(s) read this thread:
iNeoTom (4:th-Mar-2024, 21:47:41)