Switch to desktop version  
This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome back to the VXOC FORUM. Sorry for our lack of support over the last year but MYBB is back and so are we. Let's get the forum buzzing again... (March 25, 2022) x

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Tags
in feedback those the required know from

feedback from those in the know required
Hi guys,

I'm planning on purchasing a retro fit bluetooth kit from Ray Smith for my astra. I also want a DAB add on, and I've seen another kit that I can install. I'm not sure that these two pieces if kit will run side by side without any issues.... not to mention the immense amount of wiring!

I emailed Ray Smith asking of they did an all in one alternative. He replied with this link:

http://www.raysmith.co.uk/vehicle-specif...ystem.html

I've looked and DAB is an extra £150 pushing the overall price to £800!!! Has anybody got any experience with this system or do you know if the two separate bluetooth and DAB will run side by side without any problems?

Cheers guys
rusty has had that sort of unit and did not like it sure he will answer
I would retrofit factory dab mate then if you got the above it it would work do you factory Bluetooth?

I did have one of these units from car vision and it was utter crap other people have had better luck tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
I can do programming and retrofits using genuine GM MDI and Dealer software.
No I don't have dab or bluetooth. Bluetooth being the highest on my priority list. I have a parrot whoch I took out of my focus but I don't want it in the astra so will sell it.
Go for factory Bluetooth first then mate but again it's up to.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
Retrofitted AFL, TPMS, Navi950, BT, DAB, Rear Camera, Infinity sound system, Towbar, Flexfloor & more.
On the bluetooth front, I'm thinking of going for this:
http://www.raysmith.co.uk/vauxhall-oem-bluetooth

On the dab front I was thinking of this:
http://www.advanced-incar.co.uk/digital-...-dab-radio

I don't think I can justify £800 on a unit when you can get a fairly decent aftermarket HU for much less.
heard good reviews on the Bluetooth unit works out cheaper then the factory fit one
not had any reviews on the dab but the factory dab is a pain to do
i have everything Factory retro fitted NAV USB DAB Bluetooth well worth it
the best thing is getting rid on the CD400 the NAV makes a real good upgrade
Going to have mixed views here I'm afraid.

A lot of people have complained about the Bluetooth kit from Raysmith and most have sent it back.

AS to the DAB a guy who works for Vauxhall has said the aftermarket unit they fit is rubbish.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I've fitted a parrot, to mine, standard cd400, works fine, about 10% of the price your talking for your kit
I had a parrot MKi9200 in my focus which I removed when I brought the Astra. I dont want to install the parrot into the Astra as I don't want the screen and buttons ruining the look inside. I also thought that I may as well make use of the big display that the Astra offers.

Looks as if I'm paying for style over function but so be it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
Quick update.

I installed the kit on Friday, and today I'll be taking it out and sending it back. The kit itself is so easy to fit and took me 1hr 6mins (yes i timed i) with the hardest bit being the routing of the microphone. 

Anyway, since installing  I've noticed problems.  The speakers on the dash hum constantly when the Bluetooth is in use and people can barely hear me when on the phone. Now on this point, I thought the person was being awkward lol, so I rang myself and left a voicemail. Sure enough I was barely audible over the road noise. The microphone is installed in vauxhalls location which acoustically should be best.  I've also changed the the microphone setting but still no joy. 

Safe to say that for £220 (after 10% off) I'm disappointed. Once I receive my funds back I'll be going down the oem route.  Yes it's cheaper to buy a parrot and yest they are very good, I just don't want one lol. 

Anyway that was my thoughts. 
Well was worth a try (I did forewarn you tho).

***** will be your closest mate.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S
I know you did mate but in for a penny and all that.

Oh well, live and learn lol. Is ***** a frequenter on here? I'm just thinking with regards to emailing him. I've messaged Andy at Vxmods but I think he's going to be too far from me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
No ***** is not on here mate, ***** is in Wolverhampton, Andy is Liverpool so most likely not much in it TBH.
Astra-J 2.0 CDTI S/S

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Astra 1.4t 140 2016 or newer Donor car Required Wayneofwolves 0 3,324 14:th-Feb-2017, 16:39:43
Last Post: Wayneofwolves